February 07, 2011

Tangled!

So the other day, I realized we'd saved enough coupon codes off of our Cheerio boxes that we could get 2 free tickets to the movies (we eat a lot of Cheerios). I'd been wanting to take Elizabeth to see Tangled for a long while, just hadn't gotten around to it. Since we didn't have anything else planned, and had free tickets, it sounded like the perfect time. So we headed out.
We decided to leave Liam and Daddy at home. Not only is Liam not ready for movies, but we had some shopping to do. Elizabeth is my "shopping buddy." Liam, however, is not. I can't wait until Liam is older so we can all enjoy the movies (and shopping) together as a family.
We got great seats right in the middle. And since we did get free tickets, I decided we had to splurge on popcorn. Heck, who am I kidding. I'm a sucker for movie theater popcorn... w/extra butter. Oh my. Apparently, Elizabeth is too! She wouldn't give up that bag!
This girl was EXCITED! Can you tell? Lol!
Oh yeah. If that's not excitement, then I don't know what is?!
The funny thing about Elizabeth is that when we watch special movies (whether at home or at the theater) she never EVER blinks. Her little eyes get SO watery, tears streaming down her cheeks. Several times I had to lean over and remind her to please BLINK! 
The movie was pretty cute. We'd had quite a few friends with kids Elizabeth's age (or younger) watch it, and all said it was pretty tame as far as Disney movies go (often, they are pretty scary!). Of course, this one was not without it's villains. But for the most part, it was okay. At a few of the scary scenes, I asked if she wanted to sit in my lap, and reminded her that it was okay and just a movie. She said she was okay, and didn't want to sit with me. Of course, when we left and I tried to get a picture of her by the movie poster, she was too scared to go close. This was as close as we could get--lol. I sure hope we aren't going to be paying for this in the future! Although, fortunately, no nightmares as of yet!

Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, you should! 
Elizabeth and I give it two thumbs up!