To celebrate daddy turning 35 (!) along w/Valentine's day, we decided it would be great to do something fun as a family. Having picked up free tickets to the circus from the library, we decided a trip to the circus was the perfect way to celebrate. So last weekend, we headed out.
It's funny... before having kids Vassil surprised me with a trip to the circus for Valentines day. At the time, it was fun, but I remember thinking how one day when we have kids how much more fun it will be to take them. That seems like just yesterday... and now here we are!
Anyway, we arrived an hour early to check out the "pre-show" stuff. Mainly, clowns. Liam wasn't too sure. And Elizabeth... well, she wouldn't have anything to do with them.
Elizabeth did, however, enjoy getting to "dress up" in some of the wardrobe outfits along with getting a tattoo from one of the "Pretty Ladies" as she called them.
She was FAR more impressed, though, with all the amazing, spinning, glowing toys for sale in the lobby. She desperately wanted a snowcone. But mama wasn't paying $10 for some colored/flavored ice. Nope.
We thought about getting cotton candy. But can you believe that one bag cost $12! I was floored! Nope. Didn't get that either. We did end up with some nachos and pizza (since it was lunch time and we were hungry). After walking to our nose-bleed seats at the top of the stadium, I ended up dropping our nachos on the floor right before sitting down. I took them back to the counter and told them what happened, and they gave me a new batch for free! I couldn't believe it! I mean, that just doesn't usually happen these days. I think I must have looked pretty pathetic when I told my tale. Lol.
Anyway, the show itself was pretty cool. Both kiddos were pretty mesmerized, especially at the beginning. 
I think my favorites were the big animal acts--especially the tigers and elephants.
They had a few cute skits with the Bearded Lady, the World Strongest Man, The Halfman-Half Woman...
...Snake charmers along with
... contortionists and "Body Benders."
It was around this act that I look over at Elizabeth who is showing me how they bend. Lol.
And of course there were the MOTORCYCLES! Liam's fav! Gotta say, this was pretty cool. They ended up getting SEVEN guys going around that cage at once.
Well, we only made it a few acts past intermission. Liam was just too fussy and didn't want to stay in his seat, and Elizabeth, while enjoying the show, I think we could tell she was ready to go as well. So we decided to leave early. Hopefully next time we'll make it though the entire performance--lol.
Anyway, we had a great time. After such an icky winter of being cooped up in the house, this was exactly what the doctor ordered. And judging by the faces of these last two pics, I think it's safe to say they both had a blast!











