June 19, 2012

Ballet/Tap Recital

Elizabeth's Ballet/Tap recital was also this past Saturday. It was a busy day for us having T-ball in the morning, a dress rehearsal around lunch time, and then the recital early that evening. But it was so worth it. My girl did an OUTSTANDING job and I am SO proud of her. Her ballet year is kinda long (runs September through June!!!) and I know she was kinda getting tired of it... but we hung in there. She was also a little apprehensive about doing the recital, even saying she wasn't going to. But in the end, she did it. And not only was I SO proud of her... but I could tell she was very proud of herself, which is one of the best things you can witness as a parent. Anyway, here are some pics and videos of my beautiful ballerina. Enjoy!

 Ms. Marieanne giving the girls some last minute instructions at the dress rehearsal.
 Backstage buddies :)
 Elizabeth's Ballet/Tap class.
 Waiting back stage, w/the famous Ms. Candy Brooks of Candy Brooks Dance Studios (this was her 51st year teaching dance! Ms. Marieanne is our teacher... her 26th year teaching I believe) 
 Pretty girls!
 On stage
 So proud of this girl!
 Liam delivered flowers to his sister backstage. 
 Almost time for the big finale...
 Getting their awards at the finale
 A trophy for a year of hard work!
 How cute are these girls? Best buds!

Vidoes:

This first video is of their rehearsal. Apologies for the quality... I took it with my camera (not my video camera)... and we were almost late with rushing from T-ball earlier that morning, so Elizabeth ran out on stage just as they were about to start their rehearsal. My hand is a little shaky from running around. BUT, out of all the videos it's my FAVORITE, despite the quality. You can just see the look of pride on her face, and it just melts me. MELTS ME!

The 2nd and 3rd videos are from the actual recital. Daddy filmed. They are precious.
I hope you enjoy:


OH... P.S. the blog is cutting off part of the video. If you click on the title inside the video, it will take you to YouTube where you can blow it up the size of your computer, or at the very least be able to see the entire frame. Sorry, not sure why its cutting it off.