I'm SO excited! We officially have our first word... Liam is signing (ASL) and speaking the word "Up!" every time we put him down!!! Is it any wonder that he is such a mama's boy and is no where near crawling... he always wants to be "Up"!!!! LOL!!! I LOVE IT!!!
It is SO hard to capture this boy (both of my kids actually) on camera, because the second I get it out, they become fascinated by the strange, shiny object, and they stop doing whatever it is they were doing. Ugh! But, I did manage to get a little video of Liam in the bathtub, pointing and saying "Up!"
This video is also footage of his first time in the big bathtub (ignore the part where I say it is is first bath... what I meant was his first bath in the big tub w/his tub chair instead of the baby bathtub!). In the video you can hear sissy taking a bath, too, sitting behind his little chair!
Actually, I'm not sure what to count as his first word. One month ago he was waving and saying "Eh!" all the time. He did it for about a week or so, then stopped. We thought he was trying to say "Hey!" because he'd always say it when he was waving. But we weren't sure, and now he has stopped waving and saying it.
Tonight's "up" was pretty clear, especially with his little finger pointing up almost every time!!! It's funny, though because he was sitting in the exersaucer while we were eating dinner and he kept saying, "Up! Up! Up!" and was pointing and jumping, but we were so busy talking, we didn't realize what he was doing for a few minutes! When we realized we were so excited, we jumped up... picked him "UP!" and kissed on him with such pride and joy! Even sissy was so proud of her brother!!! Afterward, all night and into this morning, every time we pick him up, he says "up" and every time we put him down to change him or to put him on the floor, it is "Up!" often w/finger pointed! I LOVE IT!!!
"Up" as a first word SO fits him, too, because he just LOVES to be held, so it is a perfect first word for him!!! LOL!
On Sunday we are also pretty darn sure he made the sign for butterfly a couple of times to his little butterfly toy---CRAZY!!
My boy is very quickly growing..... UP!
4 days ago











