October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Today, we headed out to the pumpkin patch!
It was the same patch we visited last year--SUCH a cool place with lots to see and do! You can read about last year's trip on the blog HERE.
 Anyway, here's our group of mommy-friends and all the kiddos getting everyone loaded up for the trip! We had a nice little group of friends from church, preschool, and beyond!
The field trip began w/a Puppet Show in the barn. 
This was a little disappointing because last year the had a band and the kids got to sing/dance along. The puppet show was very "wordy" (thereby, pretty boring to the preschool crowd) and was on "respect". Ironically enough, about half way through this lesson on respect, the entire front row decided the saw dust floor was more entertaining--and started picking up big scoops and throwing it. I have no idea who instigated it, but I have a pretty good idea. Needless to say, before the show was over, a certain little lady was in time out in the back of the barn. 
 Next up... time for the hayride! 
Liam was VERY excited to check out the tractor--during the puppet show he was too fussy to sit and watch, so we waited outside and watched a different group of kids go around the property! He was SO excited! 
Once on board, I'm not totally sure he understood that the tractor was pulling us. He sat in my lap and sucked his thumb the whole while--just taking it all in I guess!

 Elizabeth sat right next to me. And enjoyed the ride as well. She kept wanting to sit right on the edge, though, and she wasn't happy that I kept holding her back.
It rained all last night and part of this morning, so everything was really wet. Most of the kiddos wore their rain boots to keep dry.
After the hayride, we got to check out some of the animals. They were a little smelly this year. Maybe from the rain? We didn't stay long.
 Then the kids spotted the tractor...
 "Tractor!" someone yelled.
And they all took off running! Lol! So cute!
 Little Missy on the Tractor.
 Mr. Man got a turn, too.
 All week I've been asking if he wanted to go ride the tractor--he was VERY excited about this part!
 I've gotta say, running after two children is SO exhausting. Liam is to the age where he doesn't want to be in the stroller much--he wants to be running all around--usually in the opposite direction of where Sissy is running off to, and/or in the opposite direction of where we are supposed to be going. It's exhausting.
 My little blacksmiths checking out all the tools
 Had to ride the pony, too!
 Oh, and get good use out of our rain boots--splashing in mud-puddles that is.
 We panned for gold.
 Liam thought the rocks on the ground were more interesting!
Checking out the little storefront

 SUCH a beautiful place! This is definitely my favorite patch in the area--so much to do, so close, so inexpensive--and unlike the other patches that are a little "hokey/cheesy" this one feels so authentic--especially considering the family still lives on the property!
 Time for the Jumpy House. Oh my, the jumpy house. 
To make a long story short, we waited and waited for a large group ahead of us to be done so that our kids could have a turn. Finally they were all done, and it was almost time for our kiddos to go--but before they could get inside another HUGE group of kids came running up and got in line. Of course, our preschoolers were running around and weren't in line. I absolutely wasn't waiting another 20 minutes--especially when technically it was our turn. So I was "the mean lady" who said, "It's our kids turn!" and threw Elizabeth in before they could really protest. I don't think the kids or teachers were very happy with me. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got a few looks. But technically it WAS our turn, and there was NO way we could wait any longer--Liam's fussy time had begun, and it was now or never. 
 Speaking of which, Liam decided he wanted to go. In fact, he'd been fussing for 20 minutes before hand while we waited! Ugh! He REALLY wanted in there--bad! Of course, as soon as he got in, he wanted out. Lol! But Sissy stayed in and had lots of fun!
 Once we were done with the infamous jumpy-house, it was time to head back and pick out our pumpkin.  Originally this farm planted their own pumpkins--but they get so many people now, they have to truck the pumpkins in. I'm okay with that. Especially since at this point, Liam was still extremely fussy. It was really time to be heading home. I don't think he could have lasted much longer.
 As you can see, there are lots of pumpkins to choose from!
 Elizabeth and Liam both got to take home a little pumpkin. The entrance fee for this farm is $5 per child, adults are free. The entrance fee includes your pumpkin--such a fair price! Of course, I also picked out two big pumpkins that we can take home and carve (the ones on our porch in the earlier post are fakes--which is so ghetto--but figured it would save us money down the line since I like to have lots of pumpkins out on display).
 As you can see from the pic below of Elizabeth's Sunday School buddy Luke (aka Mr. Strong Man--you should see him go across the monkey bars at church! Wow!), mud puddles were a huge hit this year! As were the pumpkins, of course!
 Elizabeth was so funny--she found a spot of fabric that didn't have pumpkins on it, so she started moving all the pumpkins from one side, to the other. She was very focused on making sure that side had pumpkins--so funny!
 And with that, it was time to load up and head home! 
 Last year when we had to leave, Elizabeth threw probably the biggest tantrum to date--she REALLY did not want to leave. Mr. Hart even came over to the parking area (she was that loud) and offered her a mini-pumpkin to make her feel better. I remember telling him he was so sweet to offer but I didn't want to give her one since her behavior was not good. After we drove away, she continued in the biggest. tantrum. ever. I think finally 5 miles down the road I finally yelled, "If you don't stop crying and screaming right now, I'm going to stop this car and throw these pumpkins right out the window!" Lol! Of course, I left that off of my original blog post--but now that a year has past, looking back on that it kind of makes me laugh.
Fortunately, this year, Elizabeth did pretty good--right in time for Liam to start the tantrums, of course. Oh my. I cannot WAIT until both kiddos are just a little bit older--it will be nice when I can enjoy a trip to the patch without tantrums, tears, and lots of running around/carrying/pushing of children. 
While super fun, I'm super beat! 
Whew! I somehow survived another great trip to the patch!