For Elizabeth's Sunday School lesson last week, we decided to make luminaries. Not the monster ones that you see below--just the pumpkin one w/the cross on it. On the leaf it reads "Shine your Light for Jesus." During the lesson we sang "This Little Light of Mine" and, overall, the kiddos seemed to enjoy the activities. Although, I've gotta say, explaining metaphors to 3 year olds is not easy. My explanation went something like, "When we have Jesus in our hearts, its like we have a light inside of us. And when we are nice to others and share our toys and do good, then we are shining our light." That was WAY confusing to that crowd. But, at the same time, I know she must have been thinking about it and internalizing it because one day Liam was acting particularly fussy---I think he may have even hit her, and she declared, "Mommy, Jesus must not be in Liam's heart today." lol!
Anyway, since a lot of children were absent and we had a lot of left over supplies, we decided to make some more luminaries. Pumpkins, ghosts, Frankenstein's monster, and even a vampire (that one's for Aunt M) They turned out cute, dontcha think?! Just tissue paper and elmers glue--very easy! If the weather is good, I think we'll line this on our front walk! :)
This little light of mine....











