October 25, 2010

It's starting to look like...

 ... Halloween at our House!
 A few weekends ago, the kiddos helped me decorate--and it looks so great!
Elizabeth remembers Halloween from last year and is VERY excited about the whole thing--dressing up, trick-or-treating, pumpkin patch, etc.
 It's funny... one of Elizabeth's favorite things to do for the past 2 or 3 months is to flip through catalogs that come in the mail that are full of Halloween costumes. She will sometimes look through them for HOURS--and at the end will tell me which one she wants to be next year (since we already have their costumes for this year). Usually, she says something like, "Mom, wouldn't it be great if next year I was the pink pony and you were the purple one?!" Lol! 
 Liam of course doesn't have a clue what's going on. But everytime I ask him if he wants to go to the pumpkin patch and get some pumpkins and ride the tractor, he says with a shout, "Yea!" We're doing that tomorrow so I'll get some pics then.
Here's Liam pointing out the berries which are big "No-Nos!" He loves to tell us about the No-Nos these days! 
The kids also helped me put up the scarecrows and pumpkins... and lots of other decorations! Elizabeth found this crow at the craft store and fell in love--she couldn't part with it. Normally, I don't give in to the "gimmes" but the little guy was so cute and very inexpensive. I decided to add him to our fall wreath. 
"Ring-Around-the-Ghosty"
I decided to get crafty this year and make a little display for our front yard. It looks SO cute and was extremely simple to make. I even decided to use vinyl table cloths instead of fabric/sheets--and they are holding up great! We have 3 other small ghosts hanging from our trees (not home-made) and Elizabeth has named them Hilly, Billy, and Jilly. Lol! Does that make us Hillbillies? Anyway, these ghosts were inspired by my children's new favorite game to play together... Ring-Around-the-Rosie. And it makes me SO happy every time I drive up or look out the window--super cute!
I was also feeling crafty when it came down to the ToTing Treats. Instead of candy, I wanted to do something different. We had purchased a big box of popcorn from the boyscouts awhle back, and since we don't eat popcorn much, figured I could give the bags away. I found the clipart online and added the ribbon. It reads "Thanks for Poppin' by Our Place!" We also made luminaries this year as part of a lesson I taught to the 2s-3s class at church. I don't have pics yet, but will have to get some soon because they turned out SO cute!

Anyway, since we are going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, more pics will be coming soon! :)