October 11, 2010

Checking out the New Park

Okay... so in addition to our new library (which I blogged about here) our little town also has a few new parks, which I'm very excited about! This one is kind of small, and very "earthy." But I love it! There are trails around a big soccer field and this this little play area, made to look like twisted branches/trees.
Very cool--and a great space for my little monkeys who LOVE to climb!
Despite the pouty face--Elizabeth loved climbing on the structures!
 So did Barbie--she came, too!
 Liam cracked up going underneath this "tree." It reminded me of the Lost Boys hideout! So fun!
 Lots of tree stumps to climb on and off of (on and off of)!

"Sandbox" (above) & "Sidewalk chalk" (below)

BTW... our latest "drama" was losing one of these little shoes (below) at the last library story time. I was SO sad! Now that Liam is pretty much walking everywhere (very little scooting these days) I count these as one of his first pairs of walking shoes--so to lose one, I was devastated! The same thing happened to Elizabeth when she first started walking--lost one of her shoes at a big consignment sale. I was SO sad I cried both times. Crazy, I know, because it's just a shoe, not a child. Fortunately, someone FOUND Liam's shoe and brought it back to the library! I couldn't believe it! Isn't it crazy how attached we become to things?
Anyway, the nature all around the park was just stunning. After 5 minutes of arriving we'd chased down a lizard, spotted several woodpeckers, lots of squirrels, and lots of other cool birds!
Here's a bigger view of the play structures--if you look closely you'll see Elizabeth in there! ;)

Anyway, here's to new parks!
And for more new things to come our way!