As you can see by the shear number of pics I took... we've been very excited about enrolling Elizabeth in ballet this year! Although we've taken lots of little classes together in the past, they've mostly been mommy-and-me types, so this was sort of her first independent "thing"! Hence, kind of a big deal.
Not only were we excited about her first class, but let me tell you, this girl LOVES to sing and dance! She does both all over the house all day long! She loves girly things as well--princesses are her #1 favorite thing of all time... but ballerinas are not too far behind. So this was right up her alley.
Anyway, tonight was her very first class... here are some pics!
Here's part of the dance class (3's-4's)... I think there are close to 15 girls in total. This was all we could round up for a group pic! We are so happy that we know 3 of the other little girls in class--I think that having a buddy probably helps Elizabeth (and the other girls) with the new experience. And aren't they adorable?!?!
Elizabeth and Ella Grace had a lot of fun getting ready for class... practicing all their "ballet" moves! In fact, Elizabeth has been practicing all day. She even came up with this really cool move (which you can kind of see in the last pic) where she puts her foot up on her other leg and then goes up on her tippy toes! It's really pretty good!
Isn't this a cute shot?! Looks like Elizabeth is consoling Ella Grace! Okay... so in actuality, she's just telling her that she needs to look at the camera and say cheese... but doesn't it look like she's comforting her? lol! I love that Elizabeth has Christian friends to grow up with!
Here are the girls practicing their Tap after getting their brand new tap shoes--this was pretty exciting! Ella Grace's mom got some video footage that I'm going to have to get my hands on of the girls doing their tap dance!
Here the teacher is getting them seated on their piece of tape on the floor. It was around this time that the teacher also gave out lots of instructions--for which everyone was quiet, except for "you-know-who" who decided she just had to tap her shoes very loudly on the floor. The teacher had to lean over and tell her to keep her shoes quiet--oh my. Thankfully she listened and didn't have a meltdown! Phew!
Here's Elizabeth with buddy Caroline! We are so happy that Caroline is in her class as well! It's nice to have a buddy sitting by your side when you are starting something new! 
The three girls!
Here's the building where the ballet class is held. It is our local "community house" and it must be over 200 years old! Beautiful stone building inside and out with a cool stone fireplace inside! It is really a neat piece of architecture and little piece of history in the town--and right up my alley!
If you look closely, you'll see the doors/windows have paper covering them--to remove all distractions. This also means no parents inside. I totally get this. I know Elizabeth does WAY better when she can't see me, and let's face it, if the moms were allowed in the room... we'd all be ooohing and ahhhing and stopping for a million pictures, and chatting with one another--so I guess the rule makes sense. Still... I SOOOOOOO wish I could see what goes on in that room! If we stick with it there will be a little recital at the end of the year! :) 
After class, we drove past the little village near where we live (which I've blogged about HERE & HERE). It is kind of a tradition that we go and walk around the trails and see the cows and goats on nights when it isn't too hot or too cold. Since today was not too scorching, we decided to stop by--especially since we were in the area and it was right on our way home. We had lots of fun, and got even more cute shots of our Prima Ballerina!
As per tradition... we just had to stop and say hello to all the Belties...
When we got to the pasture... Elizabeth took off running! This shot above has to be one of my favorites of her! What joy and boundless energy!
I remember the days when I would run like that! Run and run and run with no other purpose except for the sheer joy of it!
"Happiness is mine."
As you can see, my baby girl is getting pretty big these days! Hard to believe she will be three (yes... THREE... as in THREE YEARS OLD) in just a week! Honestly, I have no words for that.
Above: Daddy's girl!
I haven't blogged about this yet.. but lately she's been saying "When I grow up I'm going to marry Daddy!" My heart just MELTS every time she says it!
Yes, this one is blurry. But I love it! Something so whimsical about I think.
Another pic of the pasture before it was time to leave.
OH... and in case you are wondering what Liam did during this tutu-love-fest... well... this is pretty much it:
He's the master of Chillaxin!
Although, before we put him in the stroller he was pretty fussy! He REEEEEALLY wanted to get down with all the kids. And threw a massive tantrum when he wasn't allowed to do so. Sigh. The problem is that he's still not walking--so it's hard to put him down at times when either a) the floor/surface is dirty or b) the floor/surface is rough and would hurt/scrape his legs (which was both in this case). I honestly can't WAIT until he's walking because I know he'll be SO much happier! He took a few more steps the other day... but it's definitely slow going.
Anyway, once in the stroller, he was pretty content to watch this guy mow the grass across the street! LOL! Boys! I'm hoping he comes each week around this time!
I should also note that Liam is enrolled in a little music class which will begin in a few weeks... so a similar post dedicated to his first day in class will be coming SOON! :) Yes, his day to hog the blog is coming... so please don't think I favor one over the other. Today was Elizabeth's day! His is coming!











