May 14, 2010

Village Life

We just LOVE the little "village" by our house. It has become quite the tradition in the spring and fall (or anytime the weather is cool) to a take the 5 min. drive over and just walk around. We spend time watching the belties and fainting goats, along with checking out the beautiful gardens, shops, historic B&B farmhouse, barn, etc. I just LOVE it! The kiddos still aren't feeling great, but we needed some fresh air last night... so we decided to head over and enjoy the evening outdoors. 

 
I LOVE all the pasture areas that they've left for the belties to graze! Reminds me of home... Kansas. The old farm/village has been transformed into a large development of homes, along w/the B&B and some upscale shops and restaurants... so it is SO nice that they kept the beautiful open space, along w/the old historic farmhouse, barn, etc. Most developers just want to develop.  So I just love that they've preserved so much of it in their planning!
 

Checking out the belties w/Elizabeth and Liam! There are always new babies to meet!
Here I am with little man. I love the color in this one!
"The Secret Garden" was one of my favorite books growing up!
Daddy and Elizabeth by one of the barns.
Seriously, the gardens here are simply OUT of this world! I always tell Vassil... it's only 5 minutes from our house, but about as close to paradise as you can get! I think it should be their new slogan!
 
I ADORE the old barn. They've turned it into a reception hall. The inside is set aglow with beautiful chandeliers. We frequently see wedding receptions here when we come visit. Seriously, it makes me want to get married all over again... I SO want a reception in THAT barn! Maybe one day...
Anyway, the next time you come visit us... do plan on visiting the "village!" It won't disappoint!