August 05, 2010

Bella's boo boo :(


Well, it's been awhile since I've posted anything. Life keeps plowing ahead, and I haven't had a chance to keep up w/the blog like I usually do.

Mainly, we've been preoccupied with some health problems w/our dog, Bella.

As you may know, Bella is only 4 years old and has always been in relatively good health since the time we adopted her as a puppy. However, ever since we returned from our trip to Kansas, we noticed that she's been hobbling around quite a bit--having a hard time getting up to a standing position, and having a hard time with the stairs.

To make a long story short... two trips to the vet, 4 x-rays, a bottle of doggy aspirin, and $400 later... we found out she has a torn cruciate ligament on her left hind leg, and a weakened and perhaps torn ligament (but less severe) in her right.

The prognosis: surgery.
Expensive surgery.
$1200 per knee to be precise.

Of course, this comes on the rumors that my husband's company might be laying off more people, or even worse--shutting down the site here. So of course, while we have the money on hand, it is stressful to say the least. Especially for my husband who works so hard and pinches every penny... a big bill like this is just not the type of news he takes well.

Fortunately, a week later, I think I've found a vet that will do the surgery for half! At least, so far, that's what they've quoted me with! It turns out by random coincidence to be the same place where we adopted Bella 4 years ago! I almost couldn't believe it when I double checked the name and location! I guess we're coming full circle, and perhaps God is teaching us the importance of relying on Him, trusting that He will provide.