July 08, 2010

We are family

We enjoyed getting to spend time w/lots of family while we were in Kansas, and even on our trip back home. Here are some pics to recap (as you can see, we're kinda  motley crew, but that's why I love them!)
Above: Visiting with grandma and grandpa, along with Uncle Matt and his girlfriend, Elizabeth, and my Uncle Greg and George. It was great getting to visit w/everyone again!
We also got to visit with my other grandma's brother, Loni, and wife, Laura for an impromptu visit right before we left. Here we are (below) after dinner just visiting.We got to hear some wild "beard" stories from Uncle Chuck (don't ask.)
Liam is SUCH a daddy's boy and LOVES for men to hold him. When an aunt or grandma tries to hold him, he's none to happy and squirms to get free. However, he crawls right up into the lap of any male in the family! I guess it's a guy thing.
Here he is playing trucks with cousin Alex.
And getting cozy with great uncle Loni (btw, please ignore what my husband is wearing in the background. We all gave him a hard time about his wardrobe--lol! It kinda embodied all of Eastern Bloc stereotypes--especially the dark sandals which you can't see! Hey, I didn't marry him for his sense of style--lol! ;)
 Here's Liam with cousin Layla. Both kiddos do this funny "flex-face," where they flex their face and clench their hands/muscles. It is SO funny. And apparently my brother used to do the same thing when he was a baby--they'd call it his mean face. Liam learned to do it about a month ago, and now all we have to say is, "Can you flex?" and he'll do it. I'll have to catch it on video soon.    
On our way home, we were passing through the area where my great aunt, Marlene, lives... and so we decided to stop and visit awhile. This cute little guy is Sawyer, my second (third?) cousin; who is my second (third?) cousin, Sharon's, little guy. He's just a little younger than Liam. Aren't they cute?! Of course, this picture (above) is further proof that Liam desperately needs a haircut! Lol!
We had fun letting them play and catching up with family!
Here you go cuz! They had fun stealing the balls and toys away from each other--lol!
Of course, no trip would be complete with out meltdowns... or in this case, TWO children having meltdowns. When it was time to get a quick group shot before we headed out, I made the mistake of taking a toy away from Liam and putting it away (yes, I know... heaven forbid!) and this meltdown (above) ensued. Of course, Elizabeth's meltdown was for no reason other than she didn't want to get her picture taken. Notice how calmly Sawyer is seated in my cousin's lap. I think they were both looking at us like we were nuts! Oh well... I guess those are the joys of roadtrips with children 2 and under!