July 10, 2010

1st Haircut!

You knew this post was coming...
Liam has needed a haircut for a LONG while now. 
I hesitated to get it cut at first, because I was just loving all the hair (Elizabeth's took SO long to grow in). Then when we were in Kansas, I didn't want to have it done, because I wanted daddy to be apart of a big milestone! As a result, his hair was getting VERY long!
In fact, it was so long, we kept teasing him that it was the Justin Beiber-cut, and he just needed to learn the "flip." Anyway, it was definitely time for a cut... so we headed over to our local Snip-its for Liam's first haircut!
There were 5 kiddos ahead of us, so we had a little waiting to do. While big sister ran around playing with all the fun, kid-friendly toys and gadgets... Liam did what he does best: chillax!
As you can see, he's got "chillaxin'" down to an art form--lol! I still can't get over how different they are! It tickles me!
When it was time to get into the chair, he was none to happy. I figured as much. So they took us to the back, to an adult-sized chair, where Daddy held him the entire time for the cut.
He was still a little uncertain, so we asked him if he wanted a cracker, to which he replied, "Cack-a! Cack-a!" It's his new favorite word. Well, that, and "Uh-Oh." It's SO Sweet!
Here he is checking out the finished product in the mirror! I can't believe how different he looks! I love it!
 
When it was time to leave, we got to put a piece of his hair into this machine to get a prize. Big Sister had been waiting the entire time for this moment. "Liam will share with me," she explained. Well, how nice of him--lol!
After the haircut, it was time for lunch a la Chick-Fil-A--we love this place! The super clean, fun playground is the BEST!
With the "Big Boy" haircut all finished, Liam apparently thought he was ready for the Big Boy playground--lol!
And one last stop at the "Toddler Beauty Shop" to check out his new do!
Anyway, Liam did great for his first haircut, and it looks just SO adorable on him! Hmmm... I guess it's time to schedule some portraits soon!