July 08, 2010

There and back again...

Traveling with 2 children 2 and under, 1300 miles both ways, was a bit like traveling through the depths of Mordor. Okay, so I exaggerate. Well, kind of. Still, it wasn't exactly easy. Many times I'd say to myself, "What on earth was I thinking?!" 

Over all, though, the kids did great. Both my kiddos are pretty patient in the car and do well on long car rides. And with a little help from the Cracker Barrel and McDonald's Playplace, the journey was actually pretty tolerable. 

Anyway, here are some pics from our return journey...
Playing checkers outside Cracker Barrell... "Elizabeth's way" of course.
Yep, I did that! I'm not kidding! Apparentley, if you sit in a car with two screaming children until your mind goes numb... you turn into a Cracker Barrel genius! I was so proud I had to take a pic! Lol!
Thank you McDonalds! You saved my sanity many times on our journey!
The INDOOR playplace was a godsend in this scorching weather... gave the kiddos a place to stretch and play and to escape the heat!
Even Liam got to play!
Oh, yeah, and can't forget about McD's icecream cones! Keeps um quiet for at least an hour! Lol! 

Anyway, all in all our return trip was pretty "sweet!"