So while I was in Kansas, I decided to help my mom come up with some ideas for my little sister, Maddie's, 12th birthday. My sis knew she wanted a "Hollywood" theme... which sounded like SO much fun to plan! So, without really asking, I kinda hijacked her party planning--lol! Anyway, after we put our three heads together, here's what we came up with... I was so sad I couldn't stay a few more days to be apart of it!
Happy Birthday, Maddie! You are already a star in my book!
Above: Here's the invite we came up with--the hot pink and black and white sort of set the theme for the rest of the party! We used basic scrapbooking papers and typed it up in word using free "hollywood" fonts online. The finishing touch... hot pink tulle ribbon.
The favors were plastic champagne glasses, tied with the same tulle ribbon from the invite, and filled with snowcaps. I got the idea from a birthday party I went to when I was about this age. At the time, a champagne glass seemed WAY cool, so I figured the girls would think so, too! Plus, it seemed fitting for a "Hollywood" theme. After I left, my mom put them together w/the candies and made the star tags--very CUTE mom!!!
I just HAD to make a "Hollywood" sign for the yard. It only took 5 pieces of white posterboard, attached to metal grilling skewers. And how "Hollywood" is my sis?! I just LOVE this pic!!!
Here are "The Starlets" all ready for the paparazzi! It's funny, my mom and I kept laughing at all the ideas we were coming up with for the theme for this party... and kept saying, "All of THIS for FOUR girls!" lol! It was kinda hard to stop w/all the "Hollywood" ideas! We just kept rolling with them!!!
Here's the front door, wrapped in black and white polka dot wrapping paper, with a hot pink sign, welcoming guests to Hollywood. The gold star reads: "Maddie's 12th Birthday"
And of course, no Hollywood party would be complete without a red carpet! My mom made the carpet from a disposable red table cloth that was cut into strips. I love this shot! Doesn't she already look famous?!
Each girl came dressed as her favorite celebrity and got to walk the red carpet! Meet Ms. Molly (aka Taylor Swift)
Here's the Hollywood walk of fame my Mom and Sister made for each of the girls.
And here's the birthday girl with her cupcake! Maddie found the design for the cupcakes online before we even started planning... they inspired the invitation, which inspired everything else.
With the extra scapbook paper, I made these easy cupcake toppers by printing off "Hollywood" images from the net and gluing them to toothpicks. Although, in retrospect, I think the cupcakes looked great w/out the toppers! You girls did a GREAT job on the cupcakes!!!! I bet they were yummy, too!!!
I also came up with the idea of putting different colored gumballs inside the cupcakes--when the girls bit into the cupcake, the color gumball corresponded to a different "fortune." My mom and I came up w/the fortunes above--lol! Apparently Maddie's was "yellow!" Sweet!
The Tablescape... inexpensive, disposable plates and napkins; and the polkadot runner is wrapping paper--all from Target! I had also envisioned spray painting some branches (that my parents had trimmed from their backyard) silver to hang in various spots.... but we figured that was going a little over the top--lol! Seriously, it was hard to stop w/this theme! Plus, I had LOTS of free time during my visit... so what else to do but party plan! Lol!
Maddie told me these shades were very "Lady Gaga" so we had to get them! They were also a bargain ($6 at a new "accessories" store in New Market Square in Wichita--forgot the name); The dress was a steal for under $20 at Gordman's! And isn't Maddie SO pretty in pink!

Here's two of the most important STARS in my life! My mom and sis!!!
Anyway... apparently the party was a huge success. Proof? The girls didn't fall asleep until 6:30 in the morning!!! Here they are sometime later the next day... not looking quite so glam. Anyway, the glasses are filled with sparkling grape juice for one last toast!SO much FUN! Seriously, can I be 12 again?!
Weeeeell, maybe for just ONE day! LOL!
Speaking of which, here I am at MY 12th birthday. Things were much simpler then. Parties didn't have "themes." Maybe because our moms had better things to do... or maybe they didn't have bored older sisters--lol!
Still, some things NEVER change!
Anyway, the pictures from my sista's birthday were so cute, I just HAD to post!!!
Weeeeell, maybe for just ONE day! LOL!
Speaking of which, here I am at MY 12th birthday. Things were much simpler then. Parties didn't have "themes." Maybe because our moms had better things to do... or maybe they didn't have bored older sisters--lol!
Still, some things NEVER change!
Anyway, the pictures from my sista's birthday were so cute, I just HAD to post!!!
When Elizabeth gets older I have a feeling we are going to have to "reuse" this theme again... so Nana, save that Hollywood sign!!! ;)























