November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Wrapup

 Baba and Dedo (grandma and grandpa) came down for Thanksgiving once again this year. The kids were SO excited! 
 On one of the first days they were here, we decided one night to check out the S&T Soda Shoppe--one of our favorite local spots. 
After lunch, we came home to do some chores and let the kids play. Thankfully, the weather was beautiful the entire time... a tad bit chilly, but around mid-day, it was warm enough that the kids said they were "sweating" in their jackets. We've had a great fall this year!
 
At any rate, while daddy and dedo worked on cars (as is tradition) the kids ran in the backyard, or rode bikes around and around, or "helped" by passing tools and such. They had the best time.
Before Thanksgiving, I saw the cutest blog idea for a football onesie. Well, Liam is out of the onesie stage, so I decided it would be a cute t-shirt idea, and perfect for Thanksgiving and heading into football season. Plus, Sissy already had a Turkey shirt... but I didn't have a Thanksgiving shirt for Liam. Anyway, it was SO easy to make... no sewing machine required (just heat n bond, and some embroidery thread) and the hardest part was finding a brown shirt... the only one I could find was a 3T, so he'll be wearing it again next year.
While daddy and dedo worked on cars, the kids and I played football. I tried explaining to them how to hike, and throw the ball, and run and make a touch down.
 But all they wanted to do was tackle. 
So tackle, they did.
 After football, dinner was ready. I was proud of myself for making the meal all by myself. Granted, I cheated and made one of those turkeys in the bag. So it was really easy. Coordinating all the dishes to be warm right at the end is the hardest part, especially with one small oven. But it somehow all worked out.
 Here's daddy carving our bird. I made him check you-tube for a tutorial--lol. 
And our family pic.
 Anyway, it was a good thanksgiving. And I'm glad the kids got some grandparent-bonding-time. 
 After they left, we decided to start decorating for Christmas. The kids were SO excited (p.s. ignore the hand-me-down jammies Liam is wearing!). Anyway, I put up the tree and brought down all the boxes all by myself, while Vassil was taking a nap, and Elizabeth just couldn't wait to do the ornaments. She was SO excited to do those ornaments. That night, I asked Vassil to plug in the deer that I'd set up on the lawn. When he did, the kids came running to see... Liam gasped and said, "Oh, daddy, thank you. I will be so happy!" Lol!
 The following day, we decided we'd go take the kids to see the Muppets. I have been SO excited to see this movie, having been a HUGE Muppets fan as a kid! I'm not sure the kids totally know who all the Muppets are, although each year I *do* play for them a John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD (the same one my dad used to play for me on a record) and we've watched a few of the old Muppet movies (although, be warned, lots of smoking in the old movies... I had lots of questions on that one). 
Anyway, this was our first movie that the ENTIRE family went to (excluding the outdoor movie) and we were all pretty excited! I think even Daddy, who grew up void of Muppets (dang communism) as a child, got into it. 

Anyway, we are beyond blessed. I have so much to be thankful for, that it's mind boggling. If I sat down and counted out all my blessings... I'd be sitting here for a loooooong time. Mainly, though, I'm thankful that I'm alive, for my salvation, for my family and children, for daddy's job that provides a roof over our heads and food in our bellies, and for everyone's health. Really, does it get any better than that? I know my life won't always be this good. There will be trials and hard times. So I'm trying to do better to be thankful for all that I do have now. Because, really, even though life might not be exactly the way I want it.... my life is so good. And I am thankful to Him from whom all blessings flow. 

Happy Thanksgiving, Ya'll!