So the professional wedding pics from Matt's wedding are in, and they are stunning! The final touch ups will be done in a few weeks, so the "final" pics won't be ready until Christmas... but I just couldn't wait that long to post! Since the bride and groom purchased copyrights to all the pictures, it's okay that I post here, and I also made sure it was okay with the bride that I posted. I was worried it might be spoiling the surprise. But she said go for it... so here goes.
Anyway, out of the thousands (there literally must be thousands!) of pics, I narrowed it down to my top 100. Since it would take up too much storage space to upload 100 pics to the blog, I figured I'd upload them to my Photobucket album, and insert a slideshow that you can enjoy (see above).
I will say, I got a little teary eyed once again looking at the pics. Especially seeing the pic of Elizabeth's dad seeing her in her dress for the first time, juxtaposed against the pic of Vassil watching our Elizabeth walk down the aisle. Such pride and love on both daddy's faces. Definitely two of my favorites.
And of course, I love all the pics of my kiddos. What a wonderful gift to have such stunning pictures of the kids from such a happy occasion. I love the one of Liam kissing sissy. And then the one where she's kissing him, and he has the big eyes--priceless!
The pics of the bride and groom are utterly stunning, like something torn straight out of a bridal magazine. This one (above) reminds me of the photography for the movie Big Fish. Of course, it's not just the amazing photography; Liz is just so beautiful and could be model! With that said, its amazing how much photography has changed in just 9 short years... almost makes me want a do-over. Wedding photography, back when we were getting married just wasn't as artsy, as "editorial," as these. In fact, a lot of Liz's wedding made me want a do-over. Getting married in college, with zero savings, and a family on a tight budget, meant we had a pretty low key, low budget affair. I cherish and am SO thankful for the beautiful, simple wedding we had... but a part of me can't help but wish we could have had/done a little more. Vassil always laughs at the car we drove away in... we borrowed my grandpa's Honda accord--lol!
Anyway, as mentioned (or did I mention?) on the blog I was very stressed about what to wear to the wedding. I guess I just assumed being Matt's sister, I'd be in quite a few pics. So I went shopping and bought dresses and returned dresses. I was stressed about matching, and finding something in a color that would coordinate, and a style that wasn't too formal, or too informal. It was a HUGE ordeal. In the end, I was in one pic. One. That kinda stings to be honest. And I truly regret with all my heart not asking the photographer to get a pic with me and my brother. I thought about it. There was one point where they were getting pics of the grandparents and family and such... and they weren't too busy. And I almost asked. But then I stopped. I didn't want to bother them. It was their special day. It wasn't for me to interrupt. But I will always regret not having one with him.
And you know, I also have to admit a part of all the emotions I felt leading up to the wedding I think had to do with the fact that sometimes I feel like the forgotten sister. How does the expression go... out of sight, out of mind? Almost like a spectator. And the fact that I was in zero pics really seemed to further symbolize that for me. You know, after I moved away, my brother was adopted by Clay. I was away at college and he was back home--getting to be the "big brother" to our little sister, Maddie, and along the way growing closer to Thor. And where was I? I was away. I wasn't there. They were. So it only makes sense that THEY be up by his side, not me. And I know that's no one's fault but my own. I just wish I had the power to move back. I can't now. And honestly, I'm not totally sure why I'm writing all this. Because I know that means people are reading it. But sometimes writing it down and getting it out is cathartic.
And you know, I also have to admit a part of all the emotions I felt leading up to the wedding I think had to do with the fact that sometimes I feel like the forgotten sister. How does the expression go... out of sight, out of mind? Almost like a spectator. And the fact that I was in zero pics really seemed to further symbolize that for me. You know, after I moved away, my brother was adopted by Clay. I was away at college and he was back home--getting to be the "big brother" to our little sister, Maddie, and along the way growing closer to Thor. And where was I? I was away. I wasn't there. They were. So it only makes sense that THEY be up by his side, not me. And I know that's no one's fault but my own. I just wish I had the power to move back. I can't now. And honestly, I'm not totally sure why I'm writing all this. Because I know that means people are reading it. But sometimes writing it down and getting it out is cathartic.
Anyway, back to the subject at hand...the wedding was wonderful and the pictures turned out just beautiful.
I absolutely can't wait to build a digital scrapbook of all the pics. I will always look back on this day with such fondness. Not only did I watch with such pride and joy as my baby girl walked down the aisle as the flower girl, but I will never forget the pride and joy I felt in my heart, watching my little brother get married.
Okay... I'm done being mushy now ;)
Hope you enjoy! How could you not? These are SO good!
Okay... I'm done being mushy now ;)
Hope you enjoy! How could you not? These are SO good!





















