November 21, 2011

Sneak Peek

We decided to ask our friend Maria if she'd take some holiday pics for us. I ADORE all the interesting, artistic, editorial pics I see these days... but can't afford the prices of said artsy/editorial photographers! Which is why we usually just go to the studios. Anyway, my friend is just starting out with her business and thereby very reasonable. She also took some of Elizabeth for her 4th birthday, and in return I helped her with her website. 
Anyway, I talked to her about a few ideas I had... mainly, I wanted to find an old/vintage-y chair to put in the middle of this field near our house... I thought it would make for great pics. And I was able to score this one (above) at a local thrift store for $20--such a find! I love it! 
 And I LOVE how our session turned out--easy, laid back, and no where near as stressful as what we usually experience going to the studios. Of course, it's impossible to "plan" portraits with two little ones. Neither of them really wanted to pose or look at the camera or smile... not even after lots of threats and lots of bribes. BUT, I think we still ended up with some cute shots! Maria posted three on Facebook tonight... I'm SO excited to see the rest, but couldn't help posting them here so you could see. Consider it your sneak peek! 

What do you think?