We decided to head to our little local library for a free theater performance w/our buddies Delanie and Ms. Deanna.
It was really lively and silly and LOUD! Lots of interaction with the audience/kids. Lots of giggles. To be perfectly honest, it was kinda hard to follow at times, it was THAT crazy. But even though I know my two were WAY too little to get it, I do think they both really enjoyed it. I packed lollipops (aka pacifiers) for Liam. He sat pretty still for most of it (happily sucking his lollipop) and when he was done, he went and sat with Sissy.
At one point they asked two girls from the audience who were seated near Elizabeth to help hold this mailbox. Well, Elizabeth I guess thought she needed to help too, so she ran up as well. I didn't say anything, because I didn't think it was bothering anyone, although, really it probably wasn't nice to just jump up like that and I probably should have made her sit back down. To be honest, though, I had to smile, especially remembering how shy I was, even at her age... I never would have just gone up on stage like that.
After the play was over, we drove over to the little Soda Shoppe in our little down town. By this time, the kids were famished! We usually eat lunch around 11:30, and I don't think we got our food until close to 12:30. Elizabeth was devouring the sugar packets, and Liam was just a bear, until food arrived. It's SO difficult going any where around this time of day (lunch/naps).
The girls didn't get to talk much. At one point, Elizabeth yelled across the table, "Hey Delanie!" When Delanie answered back, I could tell Elizabeth had NO idea what she wanted to tell her... finally, she looked down at her dress and said, "I have on a pretty dress!" Lol! It was funny, too, because when we were waiting for the play to begin, and for the Blatchfords to arrive, Elizabeth said, "Delanie is smart. I'm smart too!" I thought it was cute.
Oh, and another funny from lunch. Some police officers were seated at the table behind us. I couldn't see them because I was faced the other way. But Elizabeth could. She shouted, "Mommy, there are policemen over there!" I said something like, "Oh, that's nice." All of a sudden, Deanna started laughing. She said the policemen waved nicely at Elizabeth, for which Elizabeth gave them the meanest face. I know that face as soon as she said it. Cracked me up. When we were driving home, I asked her about it. She said she gave them a mean face because she was afraid they were going to take her to jail. Oh my silly daughter! What a character she is!
Another fun, albeit difficult morning.
More to come...











