July 01, 2011

Short Stories

Elizabeth (like all soon-to-be four year olds) is always full of great, imaginative stories! She's always saying silly things around the house, or telling me about crazy dreams. Lots of times she'll be telling me something and her mouth is going so fast that she starts making up crazy, silly words and laughing. It's pretty funny. Although, I always forget to write them down, and then often can't remember what all she said. Today, though, she drew a picture of a spider web, and then pretended to "read" a story on the page. I happened to be sitting at the computer as she was reciting this tale, so I quickly started typing what she was saying. It cracked me up! When she was done, I read it back to her, and what do you know?! It's a full fledged short story! And I know I'm far from partial, but oh my goodness, I had 7th graders who couldn't write stories like this. Seriously! Granted, it's a lot harder when you are the one who has to do the writing or typing (instead of the dictate-to-scribe mod). But I still thought it was super cute and funny, and thought I'd share. A few minutes after this first one, I told her to go draw another picture of something different and come back and tell me that story, so I ended up getting two cute stories, which I'm posting below. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. These stories bring back memories of a few doozies my sister would write when she was little! Lol! Must run in the family!

.... .... .... ... ... ... 

Untitled #1
By Elizabeth, 3.5

Once upon a time there was an old, nice spider, who loved to dance! But the spider also loved to eat. He loved to eat butterflies and caterpillars and all kinds of bugs, but especially things with wings. But of all the insects, and all the flowers, and all the engines and things in the world, most of all, he loved his web. He loved his web, because it was sticky. And when a bug would land, it would get stuck in the web. And he would bite their neck. Oh well. Then he found a stickyfalamgula. Then he said Oh dear. And he nudged his baby, and said, “Let’s get out of here!” He said, “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Then the forest animals said, “Ah, there’s a spider coming!” But one said, “What?! I’m not afraid of spiders!” The forest animals banished the forest bear named, Bambi. They fighted her like this “Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha CHA!” and then the spider said, “How do I get away from here! There’s a deer!” He climbed up high so the icky-calla won’t get him. He climbed up the tree, and leaped down to grab his baby. But before she grabbed him the keka koba grabed him first. But they got her first, and killed her, and the spider cried. Then the spider did what he did. He just grabbed his baby and they fought and they killed the fondle. Then what did Ms. Spider do. He just ran away. He bringed his web with him. Then, it says… the end.

Untitled #2
By Elizabeth, 3.5

Once upon a time there was a nice, little shark. He loved the ocean. And he loved and all he could was to swim. He only wished he could have a mermaid friend. Or even another sharky friend. Or maybe even two fish friends. Or even a little car fish. Or even a dog fish. One day he said, “Oh dear! There’s a hammershark!” he swam away. He opened his mouth and caught some fish. And let the air out of his gills but never let the fish go out. Then he saw an angel fish come by, and the angel fish said, “Oh dear, there is a shark alone in the ocean. I will go help him.” Then she helped him and she said, “Would you be my friend?” And he said, “Sure!” And then he said, “This is a nice fish.” And then they said, “How are you today sir? How are you today sir?” But the most important thing about the angel fish was I wish that she could have a friend of my whole spirit. Then the angelfish left. “Oh I wish I could have oil for my friend. Hoil Oil hoil oil.” Then he said, “Oh my! I must do a courtesy!” Then he said, “Oh dear! There’s a big… huge… HUGE… HUUUGE… oh it’s just an angelfish.” Then  he just spit out his fish. Then he actually ate some water. He swallowed it and even ate a cracker. A CRACKER! Then, Wait a minute… it said… THE END!