June 28, 2011

Science Museum

The other day, the whole family decided to spend the day at the local science museum.
 We've been here lots before, but this was probably the first time Liam really got into it, since the last time we came he was still pretty little.
 We started off at the playground. Climbing, sliding, and of course playing with the instruments. I don't know why they put that at the start of the outdoor area... my kids never want to leave!
 Next up, the train. 
 The kids ran from one end of the train to the other and didn't want to get off. 
 Chooo-Chooo!
Next up, the Dinosaur Trail.
 It kind of reminds me of this dinosaur park in Arkansas my family used to go to when I was little. I wish I had my childhood pics, I'd totally scan one for comparison. 
 Elizabeth riding one of the dinosaurs... I forgot its name, but I bet she remembers.
 Daddy and Liam with another dinosaur for which I've forgotten its name (it's not a t-rex). Liam has been talking a lot about dinosaurs and how they go "bite, bite, bite.". I think he might be scared. I thought he might not want to do the dinosaur trail, but he did fine and hasn't mentioned dinosaurs since.
 The Alamasaurus. Finally... I remembered one.
 Elizabeth reading the sign to us--lol.
 We always get a pic at this sign. Just us girls this time since Liam didn't want to be in the pic. 
 We also usually take a pic here... but the metal seat was too hot for sitting.
 Inside, we checked out all the neat bugs.
 And watched a scientist glue the chrysalises to a string to hang.
 The butterfly house is always one of my favorite places at the museum.
 There's kinda an outdoor area too with only local butterflies... we walked through that section as well. 
 And then back indoors... 
 On to the childrens play area, where Elizabeth ran straight for the blocks. She spent a lot of time building this tower. Vassil was SUPER impressed and swore I must have helped her, but I didn't. This is all her.
 Liam ran for the ball toys.
 And boy kids had fun playing with the little animals over in the pet shop area.
 All in all, it was a FUN morning with the fam. And despite the heat, no one had tantrums. Which is saying a lot because I don't do well with the heat--lol. 
Until next time...