January 20, 2010

Nothing New

There's not much new to report around here, but because the grandmas (and great grandmas) have insisted on new photos, I thought I'd throw these up. 



These first three w/the firetruck and firetruck-jammies are for Grandpa Clay! Maybe one day Liam and Elizabeth can check out Grandpa's firetruck and station! OH, and BTW...don't you love the spikey hair? We try to comb it after a bath, but it always ends up like this! Gotta love all that hair!

Okay, so this pic goes out to Uncle Matt... aka World's Biggest Chiefs, Jayhawks... and Red Sox fan! We plan to save the outfit for my future neice or nephew--no pressure, though! LOL!

This one is just because.

Now for my sweet Elizabeth. Here are a few pics from a few weeks ago at BFF Caroline's 2nd birthday party at a local children's museum! We had so much fun and didn't have a chance to post pics!

Elizabeth was "helping" Caroline with her juice. For some reason, Elizabeth LOVES to share her food. Nothing much else. But food, that she LOVES to share! Look how cute birthday-girl is!

Here's another pic from the children's museum. It was a really fun place! I love watching her explore and interacting with other kids! She's can be such a sweetie pie (most of the time)! She actually got body-slammed at the party. She made friends with another little girl, and as we were leaving, they both ran to each other with arms outstretched to hug one another... I guess they were running pretty fast, because the other girl fell right on top of Elizabeth. That is the second time she has taken a body-slam (flat on the floor) due to a hug. I kid not.

Here's another random pic! Bathtime is never boring around our house!

This week the weather warmed up a bit... enough so that we could be out without heavy coats! As you can imagine, without much to do and bad weather, we've been a tad cooped up the past few weeks. So the warm weather was greatly needed! One day we decided to get a little fresh air by the lake by our old house, the same lake where I used to walk when I was pregnant with Elizabeth. We didn't make it all the way around, but did stop to feed the ducks. I didn't have my camera or I would have posted pics. I think it was Liam's first time seeing birds... we haven't been outside much this winter, and even when we do step out, we usually don't see any. Needless to say, he was wide-eyed and VERY curious! Later that week, when I ran into a local craft store, I made sure to take a spin through the neighboring pet store so he could check out some more birds! It was cute... he literally did a double take! I often wonder what he must be thinking! During our trip to the lake, Elizabeth enjoyed feeding some left over french fries to the ducks and a big swan who decided to come after us! Lol! Even daddy got a little spooked by that! We also noticed on our walk a little white duck who appeared to have survived a mauling--his top beak was broken off and one of his legs was injured. He was limping and didn't seem able to swim. We tried feeding him our stash of french fries, but with the top beak broken, he couldn't pick up any of the food. It broke my heart. As we were leaving, though, we noticed a man had come with a big bag of bread and was hand feeding the little guy! It was such a tender moment to witness a fellow human being taking care of one of God's creatures! It made my heart smile :)

Anyway, hopefully next week we'll have more to share! Until then, I hope these pics will suffice! :)