January 11, 2010

7 Months Old!


Today Liam turns 7 months old!

His latest developmental milestone is waving! He LOVES to wave! Often it is backwards, but it is adorable nonetheless, and hopefully I can capture it on camera soon. Each time he waves he also says,  "Eh!" We think maybe he's trying to say "Hey!" I wonder, does that count as his first word?

Along with waving, he continues to love patty cake and sucking his thumb. We recently started him on little Gerber puffs, and he can rake them into his hand, and tries to get them into his mouth... but usually he realizes his thumb is a lot easier, and goes for it instead.... hence this photo!

He also does lots of babbling. He's been babbling for awhile now, but it is slowly growing in repertoire. Laladadananala! Hopefully I can catch that on video soon. It reminds me of when Elizabeth first started babbling! JUST PRECIOUS. Here is the footage of Elizabeth.... it is probably my favorite video of her to date! When I have time, I often replay this video, and my heart just melts! It simply melts! WHY CAN'T THEY STAY LITTLE FOREVER?!  I know I need to get some footage of Liam doing the same before I forget and he moves on to more complex sounds! It really is adorable! Hopefully I'll catch some soon!

At any rate, it really is hard to believe he is 7 months old! How has it been that long? It seems like just yesterday ELIZABETH was turning 7 months! Here is another bit of footage of her from that time! It is hard to believe she starting crawling and waving at 6.5 months. I wonder, since Liam is waving... does this mean he will be crawling soon, too?!  YIKES!!! I'm not sure I'm ready for that!!!

How can it be that they are growing up so fast?!?!?!