I'm happy to report that Elizabeth had a wonderful day at preschool today, and when it was time to pick her up, we also got to take home a piece of artwork that she and daddy had made at preschool during "Donuts with Dad." It had both of their handprints on it (hers is on top of his), along with this poem:You always clean the fingerprints
I leave upon the wall
I seem to make a mess of things
because I am so small.
The years will pass so quickly
The years will pass so quickly
I'll soon be grown 'tis true.
And all my little fingerprints
will surely fade from view.
So here's a special hand print
So here's a special hand print
and a picture of me too
So you'll recall the very day
I made this just for you!
If you read my previous post (or vent, rather) then you probably can guess this little piece of artwork was exactly what I needed.
Life with a two year old can be a challenge! I'd be lying to say that it wasn't. But gosh, at the same time it can be so wonderful! And I don't want anyone reading my blog to think I don't absolutely love and adore my children and this time in my life, because the fact of the matter is that I love this life I've been blessed with! More importanlty, I know that one day I'm really and truly going to miss this time in my life, tantrums and all!
I don't regret typing the previous post, though. Not in the least. Afterall, the post reflects the true and honest feelings, frustrations, and fears of a mom just trying to do her best raising two little ones. And let's be honest, what mom of a two-year-old hasn't felt overwhelmed at times? There's a reason they call them the "terrible twos" afterall. So show me a mom who "says" she's perfect, that her children are perfect, that she hasn't ever felt like a failure... and I'll show you a liar. Because in all fairness, we've all felt like that at times.
But this little poem, and those little handprints, helped remind me of all the wonderful things about being a mom of a "terrific" two year old! Handprints on the wall, toys all over the floor (and car and garage--lol), runny noses, dirty diapers, tantrums, tears of joy, squeals of delight, scrapped knees, endless hugs, kisses, and "I love you's"... all these things and more, the good and the bad, all these things I'm going to miss desperately one day!
Yes, even the tantrums!
So thank you little handprints for reminding me of that!











