We LOVE Curious George at our house! So when we heard he was coming to a local teacher-supply store, we had to check it out!
First there was a bit of story time before the meet and greet!
Here's Elizabeth (above) meeting George... at a careful distance, of course.
And (below) here's Liam checking out the big monkey... he didn't know what to think!
And this next one, my friends, is the tantrum that ensued when it was Elizabeth's turn to sit on George's lap. I knew from the start Elizabeth wouldn't want to do it, but I kept showing her how all the kids were getting to sit on George's lap in hopes that making a big fuss over the other kids would help. Surprisingly, she said she wanted to, too. But when the time came, she melted onto the floor and wailed. She was the only child to have such a reaction... my strong willed, opinionated girl! Later in the car I asked if she liked getting to see Curious George, to which she replied, "No. I don't like him. I want him to go away." ;)
Oh well. We tried!
Of course, I make it sound like Liam is my innocent one... and while his personality is more laid back than Elizabeth's, I can definitely see his little temper starting up. He had what I'd call his first tantrum the other day at the grocery store. To make a long story short, I needed to be really quick because I only had an hour and then had to pick up Elizabeth from preschool. So I loaded him up and was half way through the store when he started getting fussy and I realized I'd left my diaper bag (full of snacks and other provisions) in the car. Rather than run back to the car (didn't have time for that) I decided to let him have his first cookie from the Harris Teeter free cookie samples. He LOVED it! It was hard enough and big enough, that I wasn't worried about him choking; he pretty much just gummed the thing to death. Anyway, as it was time to check out, I needed to get him out of the cart so they could pull the groceries over to scan. I wasn't thinking and took his cookie away. Suddenly, he was WAILING! In fact, to this day, I don't think I've ever seen him cry that hard! He was desperate! I even heard the lady a few checkout aisles over laugh and say, "All that because she took away his cookie." LOL!
Sigh.
So it begins....











