I can't believe it has almost been two weeks since Liam was born. I wanted to post some new pics, and let you know a little bit about our sweet little man!

Liam is such a sweet baby! He nurses like a champ and loves to be held. He is a very good sleeper, usually sleeping around 5 hours at night (although, one night giving mama SEVEN hours of sleep--something Elizabeth NEVER did until she was at least 9 months old). The extra sleep I get at night is SUCH an amazing blessing to me and I hope and pray that sleep continues to go well in the months ahead! How cute is he in the pic above?!?! Little boy blue!

Liam seems slightly more sensitive than Elizabeth... he particularly hates diaper changes! So far, diaper changes are the only time he really ever cries. In the morning when he wakes up, he grunts for a long time, and will finally let out a little cry or chirp, at which point I get up to nurse him. In the pic above you'll see the pose he almost always sleeps in (despite how tightly we swaddle him). His big sister was the same way
(see: previous post). Diaper changes are a whole new experience for me. Elizabeth NEVER pooped or peed on me (although, she did get daddy one time with an explosive BM). Already, though, Liam has pooped on me thrice, peed on me once, and did both while sitting naked on the doctor's scale--oops! I guess it is different with boys--lol!

However,
like his big sister, Elizabeth, Liam is definitely going to be another spitter! If you remember from the blog, for the first 8 months of life, Elizabeth was a "happy spitter." She would spit up after EVERY feeding (despite getting good burps), but it never bothered her like some babies who have acid reflux... sort of reflux, minus the acid. Liam seems to be taking after her. He spits up (nay SPEWS!) at least once a day, despite good burps. Part of the problem seems to be he always "thinks" he's hungry. So after feeding him for a long time, and burping him, five minutes later he acts starving... so I go to feed him, and then SPEW! I suppose we both need to learn when enough is enough. I just hope that if his spitting up continues, he will continue to not be bothered by it, like his sister.

The pic above is of Liam on his first day to church... he was only 10 days old, and it was Father's Day! I was SO overwhelmed to see an announcement in the church bulletin. The front cover (a baby's tiny, bare feet on top of his father's bare feet) also just about got me bawling! And how special it was to think my son's first day of church was on Father's Day. I hope and pray he will come to know the love of our heavenly Father, and will accept the salvation that comes through his son, Christ Jesus! I pray also that he, himself, will one day be an amazing man and father. The song that was sung in church also set off my water-works, and was about the importance of following the example of Christ so that we might be a good example to our children who look up to us "Lord, I wanna be just like you... cause he wants to be like me!" I could have just bawled! It was so funny, though, when the pastor announced him to the congregation, and added (in his southern accent of course) "He's only 10 days old, now... so don't nobody touch him, and don't no body cough on him, either!"

Anyway, despite not liking diaper changes, he seemed to enjoy his first bath experience. So far, he has only had one bath. His little umbilical cord fell off prematurely, and the pediatrician had to cauterize his opening with silver nitrate. As a result, we had to wait awhile before giving him his first real bath.
Here are some pics from his first bath:
Scrub-a-dub-dub... one cute baby in the tub!!!!

Here's daddy giving his little boy a bath! Daddy used to always help bathe Elizabeth, as well. I'm so lucky to have such a helpful father to my children! Even if we've both been a tad cranky these past few weeks (sorry honey!)

Hmmmm... maybe it's time to get out of the tub now! Liam loved the bath, but you couldn't tell it by this pic! I think it's so cute though!

And of course, what bath would be complete without a froggy towel to cuddle up in?!?!
Anyway, life with Liam is an overwhelming, amazing feeling! I can't wait to watch him grow and develop and to learn more about him! I have a feeling time will go by much faster this time around, and I just hope I can really enjoy him before he's all grown up. It is hard, though, when I have to be constantly vigilant of his big sister! Above all, I pray that I would be the mother Christ has called me to be to such an amazing blessing as our sweet Liam!