I was reminded the other day of lyrics to one of my all-time FAVORITE songs. If you are a fan of School House Rock, or Blind Melon, or both, then you probably know how it goes... Three, O, is the magic number
yeah it is, its the magic number.
Somewhere in that sacred, mystic trinity
You get three
And that's the magic number [...]
A man and woman had a little baby,
There were three in the family,
And that's the magic number.
Yes, three really has been a magic number for us. Our little family of three. It has been magical, and wonderful, and simply more than I could have ever hoped, dreamed, or prayed for. Vassil and I love Elizabeth more than I think possible at times. It hasn't always been easy; what a HUGE transition at first (not to mention the near insanity we both found ourselves approaching with the complete lack of sleep). Yet, what an amazing love, and what an amazing chapter in our lives. We often feel unworthy of such an amazing blessing from God! Three, O, really is a magic number! Yeah it is!
For the past nine months or so, Vassil and I have been reflecting on this with a bit of nostalgia. Soon (VERY SOON) we will no longer be a little family of three. And while we are VERY, VERY excited to welcome our new baby... we can't help but feel a bit emotional about closing one chapter in our lives. And while Vassil would probably hate for me to admit this, I haven't been the only one to tear up reflecting on this.
Still, we know that this next chapter in our lives (two under two) is likewise going to be an amazing journey! Twice blessed! TWICE! It is going to be difficult (MORE than difficult) and it's going to be another HUGE transition. But what a blessing. What an amazing NEW chapter in our lives, which is about to begin.
Three has been a magic number... and how much more magical life will be with a fourth!











