4 days ago
June 08, 2009
Reunited!
Elizabeth was reunited with her BFF, Wyatt, on Sunday.
For some reason, I was expecting a big reaction out of the two of them... I think I was picturing them running in slow-motion towards each other, arms outstretched, while some cheesy music plays in the background.
Instead, it was like no big deal. "Elizabeth... look it's Wyatt" I say, as she runs toward the playground... "Come back! Look, it's Wyatt" (again expecting her to drop everything and run and embrace her old pal). "Elizabeth, where's Wyatt?" I continue. Finally, an answer: "Over there!" She says, with a tone of indifference mixed with slight annoyance, as she continued to run for the slide. It was funny.
They did manage to play together some. And at the end of our playdate, they did give each other a big hug and kiss.
I was SO happy to get them together one last time before the new baby arrives... and look forward to future playdates in the months ahead!











