
First off, let me say that I realize it has been nearly a WEEK since I've posted anything. And for me, that's a LONG time. As you may imagine, I've been enjoying all the help from Nana and Aunt Maddie; and have mainly spent my time taking care of Liam, helping Nana and Aunt Maddie wrangle Elizabeth, and have managed to get some rest in between!

Anyway, as you can probably ALSO imagine, Nana and Aunt Maddie were a HUGE help while they were here. They left this morning, and I'm somehow surviving my first day ALONE with TWO under TWO. Let's just say I'm beyond exhausted. My daughter, God bless her, is a very "spirited" child (to say the least) and more than a handful. Now that my two extra set of hands are gone, I seriously don't know how I'm going to make it through each day. Of course, I knew as we were trying for our second child that it would be difficult having LOs so close in age. But I'm hoping in time the rewards of having a sibling close in age will far exceed the exhaustion it will no doubt put me through! At least, I hope.

Anyway, as I said, Nana and Aunt Maddie were a HUGE (nay ENORMOUS) help. Unfortunately we didn't get to do very many fun things before Liam arrived (they were only here 2 days before he made his grand entrance--talk about great timing!); however, we did enjoy one day at the lake/beach, and another day we made the trek to a cool children's museum about an hour away.
Anyway, here are some pics (in no real order) to recap their 10 day visit.
To Nana & Maddie--I want you to know that I love you guys more than I can ever express, and I want to thank you for all of the help, support, and love you've given me over the past week! God has blessed me with such an amazing family! And I wish we didn't live so far apart... it is SO hard on me to raise my children without the constant presence of family! I miss you already!!!Our Day at the Beach:As you can see, Nana & Elizabeth built LOTS of sandcastles, while Aunt Maddie soaked in some rays.

Later Maddie helped wade in the water with Elizabeth... you should have seen my silly girl! She was rolling around like some sort of Sports Illustrated model... hollering, "I Swimming! I swimming! NANA... I swimming!" the whole while!

Here's more pics with Elizabeth & Nana--at work on their sand castles! Later, I took Elizabeth out into the lake in her little floatie, which she loved almost as much as rolling around near the shore.

Best of all was the fact that my big, fat, 39-week pregnant self, got to sit under a big umbrella and just RELAX while Nana and Maddie chased after Elizabeth!!! What a great way to start their visit!!!
Our Trip to the Museum:As previously mentioned, on their second day here, we made the trek to a nearby children's museum. In case you are wondering, this shot was taken AFTER our visit to the Museum. If you can't tell I was miserable at that point... in fact, I could barely make it back to the car!

That night, around 3 am, I went into labor. Apparently, Marbles (or perhaps chasing a toddler through Marbles) is a natural labor inducer -- just FYI for those pregnant mommies I know in the area! ;)

Here's Elizabeth stepping aboard a giant Pirate Ship at the museum.

Nana and Elizabeth "walk the plank!" This was the first time Elizabeth got to go up the Pirate Ship, since my big, pregnant self wasn't able to climb aboard in the past.

Above is Elizabeth playing "doctor" to the newborn baby in the hospital exhibit. I guess she was getting some practice for when Liam arrived!

And here is Elizabeth & Maddie dressed up like firefighters aboard the play fire truck exhibit... I think grandpa Clay would be proud!
Baby Liam's Arrival:As mentioned, we didn't get to do much before Liam's arrival! But the timing of our family's visit proved quite the blessing, especially since we were SO worried who would watch Elizabeth in the event that I went into labor before they arrived. What an answer to prayer that Liam waited until they arrived, but not too long afterward, so that Nana & Maddie were able to watch Elizabeth for us and not have to rush back home. Likewise, we are greatful Nana was here when she was... when I went into labor, neither Vassil nor I were sure we should go to the hospital (kept thinking it was false labor). Nana insisted we go in to be checked... and thank goodness we listened--when we arrived I was 8cm dilated and 100% effaced!!! Talk about shock!

Anyway, while I was in the hospital, Elizabeth definitely showed her true colors, as Nana & Maddie were definitely witness to her strong-willed, spirited personality. In fact, her behavior was particularly strong-willed and spirited--even more than usual. As my mom said, "She's going to be one of these kids where you draw the line in the sand, and she's going to stick her little toe over." To prove this point, she LOVED testing all our rules, telling everyone "No!," bossing everyone around, and throwing huge tantrums when she didn't get her way. In short, being a very typical (albiet, very fiesty) almost two-year old. Ugh!

She also showed her vivid imagination and sense of humor while they were here, giving everyone aliases. For half of the week, she continued to insist (from time to time) that she was NOT Elizabeth, that she was "Super Why"... Mommy continued to be "Wonder Red," and daddy continued to be "Princess Presto" (or as she often says, Princess Crusto). Sometimes Nana and Maddie had aliases, too. Half way through the visit, however, we saw a commercial for Bob the Builder, which prompted mommy to sing the song throughout the day. She then decided that she was not Elizabeth, nor Super Why... but none other than Bob the Builder. Today, however, she's Cosmo, the neighborhood cat. My silly girl!

Nana and Maddie also just had to laugh when she said "1,2,3 Timeout! Liam!" or when she'd yell "TAKE!" (which she says in the meanest voice whenever she doesn't want to share something). Also funny was watching her breastfeed one of her dolls! And we all got a kick out of watching her play pretend tea-party to her doll, Caroline... she sets the doll down at her table/chairs, then runs to her kitchen "Caroline, you want some tea?" she asks in the sweetest intonation, looking over at her, with eyebrows raised. Then answers "Yeah? Okay," then runs to feed her doll... it goes on like this for a long time! I guess you'd have had to been there. What also cracked up Nana and Maddie was her new expression, "I never, never" as in "I never, never found my tea cup" or "I never, never find my puzzle." Again, it is in the intonation, and is just so silly-sweet!

Also funny was when Nana and Maddie asked Elizabeth if she wanted to go to the hospital to see Mama and her new baby brother, Liam. Her response... "No. I want to go to Marbles." I was also told that the entire car ride to the hospital she continued to insist that they were not going to the hospital, they were going to Marbles ;)

Along with being a silly (and at times, trying) almost two year old... she was also very sweet! She would spontaneously say "I love you" and give big hugs and kisses. She'd wake up calling for Nana or Maddie. And she just thoroughly loved being with them! When they explained that they were leaving, and going on a big airplane back to Kansas to see grandpa Clay and Uncle Matt she asked, "Where's Kansas?" And they explained, "Far away!" To which she replied, "Uncle Matt... Where are you? I can't see you!" It was very sweet!


Along with watching Elizabeth (which was the biggest help of all), Nana and Maddie also helped by cooking dinners (Maddie helped grill one night!) and cleaning the house! This, again, was WONDERFUL help as coming home from the hospital I was definitely still in recovery mode, and no where near being able to get around to dishes and laundry! So that help was GREATLY appreciated, and will be missed--lol! Likewise, simply holding Liam for a few minutes while I either caught a quick nap, or took a potty break, was such a big help!

At any rate, as you can tell my mom and sis are truly the best, and such a blessing to me! I'm SO glad they were able to come when they did, and SO happy that they were able to play with Elizabeth and meet our sweet Liam! I will never forget our impromptu puppet show, and I'm sure you'll never be able to forget the inside/outside puzzle--lol! What a blessing to have such amazing family, even if they do live SO far away! Recovery has been slow going, another reason why their help has been such a blessing to me. Thanks again!