Adjusting to our new neighborhood hasn't been as easy as we'd hoped, well, not for me anyway. So far, the neighbors are all really nice, which is such a blessing. There are several professors, a doctor, a lot of nurses, a few pharmacists, and a couple of stay at home moms. Everyone waves to each other when driving past, and each night when we go for a walk we seem to meet someone new. Our furry friends, on the other hand, are a little bit harder to adjust to. There are huge herds of deer that come through our yard each day, bringing with them lots of ticks! I've only been bitten once, but that was enough for me to avoid our yard like the plague. We've also had a fun encounter with a black widow (but they must be very common in this state as we used to see a lot of them at our old house, too). We also see wild turkeys, buzzards, and all kinds of other strange birds. And on occasion we also find tufts of fur on low lying branches, which looks to be from maybe a wild cat of some kind. This, however, takes the cake!
Just when I thought our neighborhood couldn't get much wilder, I received the following email and photo from a neighbor:
"This cute little guy showed up in our garden this afternoon. I think it must be a pet, because I don't believe it's native to these parts. Has anyone lost a giant iguana? (This is not a joke.)"
Oye Vey! This really is "Where the Wild Things Are!" And unlike the character Max, I'm not making this stuff up!











