Elizabeth's babble can be funny at times... but now it is getting her in trouble!
For a week or two at a time, she will often fixate on one particular sound or noise, and repeat it over and over, along with other sounds and sentences. Yedo was a big one. So was Ago. So were a lot of others.
But now... the sound of the week is "Dang!"
Yes, you heard right. Our sweet, precious baby is walking around the house, practically using profanity! I'm not sure where she picked it up, because while I must admit I do use that word from time to time, it definitely isn't a common word in my vocabulary.
Vassil thinks it has something to do with the noise her toy piano makes. When she is playing with the piano, she bangs the keys and makes lots of noise. Do-rey-me go the keys... and "dang" "dang" "dang" goes Elizabeth, with an occasional "ding" "ding" "dong" as well.
And while Vassil doesn't think she picked it up from us, he still seems to think its quite hysterical and laughs every time she does it... thus encouraging her to keep it up. I on the other hand am mortified and am trying to get her daddy to ignore her new word in hopes that she will give it up soon. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be if she said it in public... or CHURCH!
I wonder, did this happen to any one else's child? Or is mine the only one with a case of accidental potty mouth?
4 days ago











