O Christmas Tree
O Christmas Tree
O Christmas Tree
How ever... pink? your branches.
Lol! As you can see, my kids are pathetically spoiled. In all fairness, Liam's tree (below) only cost $5 at the dollar store, and I would have bought E's there too, but they were out of pink. We found one at Walmart, prelit for $20, she really wanted it, and having received a gift card to Walmart from Cubbies this year, I told her it had to go towards the purchase, and she was fine with that.
I picked up a few $1 ornaments (in shades of pink) at Michaels that were actually 70% off, so very reasonable. Along with some little pink bells, also on sale. As you might have guessed, she was SO excited and happy to hang up her ornaments on her tree. And all night long, she kept going back up to her room, turning off her lights, and shutting the door. She also told me she never wants me to take it down or put it in the attic. "Mom, it will get too dusty in the attic. You can just keep it in my room all year long." lol!
It's quite the nightlight! Lol!
And despite the pics, it's actually a really pretty pink (not florescent like it's showing up in the pics). In fact, it might be my favorite tree in the house!
And despite the pics, it's actually a really pretty pink (not florescent like it's showing up in the pics). In fact, it might be my favorite tree in the house!
We also decided to repurpose our Happy Meal toys (Hello Kitty) as ornaments.
This kinda brings back memories from my childhood. My brother and I were a HUGE California Raisin fans when we were little (or so our parents claim, I have little memory of this). What I do remember is collecting these small California raisin figurines. I can't remember where we collected them from, but I think it may have been from our cereal (remember when cereal had prizes? Oh, the good ol' days). Anyway, my dad repurposed them to be ornaments for our tree. Kinda the same concept here w/the cute Hello Kitty Happy Meal toys. LOVE it!
Liam wasn't in the mood to decorate his tree, but he loved it all the same! At one point tonight, I came into his room (not realizing he was even in there), only to find him sitting in his bed, thumb in mouth, just looking at the tree.
I tried to do red, white, and blue for his tree... it's a little sparse, but maybe we can add some more next year. Or who knows, maybe a captain America doll will be in our Happy Meal at some point... and we can repurpose those as ornaments as well!
Anyway, lest you think we don't have a real tree, here is a pic of my little elves in front of our tree downstairs. And by "real" I should clarify that it's actually our artificial tree... one day we will have to do the "real" thing (although when we tried that once before, I got a little itchy).
Kinda hard to get a pic these days!
You know... between the wrestling, and the cheesy smiles!
Oh, I love these two!
OH, and just when I was beginning to worry that my two were getting totally spoiled ROTTEN... after reading them a bedtime story about Santa, I asked them what they wanted for Christmas. For the bazillionth time, Elizabeth replied, "A pony star castle mirror..." I have no idea what she's talking about (hopefully Santa does), so when I asked her to clarify, she replied with the sweetest look on her face, "Well, actually mommy, I will be happy with whatever Santa brings me." Love that girl!
Anyway, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around our place.
What about yours?











