December 04, 2011

Christmas Parade

 We had a blast today at our little local Christmas parade. Elizabeth got to ride with her ballet class, and we decided since she is SUCH a mama's girl, and Liam is such a Daddy's boy, that we'd let daddy ride w/Sissy and mama would sit with Liam and watch the parade. 
 We had a blast! Liam loved EVERYTHING about the parade. The police cars, the fire trucks, the sports cars... even the big trucks that came by and cleaned the road when the parade was over. He had a blast!
 Daddy said he and sissy had a great time, too! Although, I think "riding" was slightly less fun that getting to watch the entire parade. But they still had fun! 
 I'm not sure if you can tell, but I helped make candies to decorate the float... using paper plates and cellophane wrap. They turned out really cute and were nice accents. 
 Liam LOVED picking up candy. And this parade had a TON of candy! I brought home an entire purse full of candy! Oh, he was happy!
 Giant dump truck = little boy heaven!
 Tractors... even better!
 This funny car... well, we loved it too! 
Last but not least, we saw SANTA!

The other cool thing was just about every single float that went by, we knew at least one person riding on board. The perks of living in a small town. Liam was TOTALLY stoked when we were cutting across the street from a potty break, to hear one of his preschool teachers riding on a float yell out, "Liam! Liam!" All I heard the rest of the night was about how he saw Ms. Dawn! Anyway, the parade was pretty long, maybe 45 minutes and full of so much fun! Marching bands, dance numbers, LOTS of cars, and tons of candy! 

I can't wait for next year!