Now that the kids are in "school" I wanted to get their teachers a little something for Christmas. Along with a small gift certificate for a local coffee spot, I figured we'd do something crafty. I couldn't decide what to do... but picked up some wooden letters one day at the craft store--to represent the first initial of our teachers.
After trying to decide what would look best, I finally had the kids paint the letters, then we added glitter. Lots and lots of glitter. Teacher's like glitter, right?
I hot-glued a ribbon and decided it was still missing something. Thinking back to all the coffee filter scruntchie pompoms mom and I (okay, mostly mom) made for the rehearsal dinner, I thought it would be the perfect accent and make it look a little vintage-y.
Anyway, what do you think?
It's much cuter in person... sparkles don't photograph well!
It's much cuter in person... sparkles don't photograph well!
We sure hope Ms. Dawn, Ms. Kim, Ms. Katie, Ms. Katherine, and the Bouldins (our Sunday School teachers) will like what we made! We SURE appreciate them and feel blessed that they are in our kids' lives!
OH, and I saw these adorable ballet ornaments at Walmart one day--they come in a package of 6 for just under $2. I decided to buy 2 packages for all of Elizabeth's buddies in ballet. It turned out cute with the added tag/message, and was easy to do (much easier than our homemade ornaments)!
Anyway, our house is VERY sparkly these days... I'm sure you can guess why. I think I may have learned that we need to stay away from glitter in the future--lol!











