Since daddy was feeling pretty sick after getting home from DC, the next morning I decided I would need to take the kids out of the house so he could get some rest. Thankfully, the weather has been just GLORIOUS in the mornings--crisp and cool and totally enjoyable (compared to what they've been like for the past 2 months--hot and steamy and impossible to be out in). It was WONDERFUL! And we had SUCH a good time!
Anyway, I happened to have my camera with me, so I took a few pics of the kids while we were there. It was just such a nice day and the flowers were SO pretty, I couldn't help myself. We even saw 2 hummingbirds, but they were too fast for me to catch on camera.
Elizabeth decided to pick flowers for a bouquet to give to daddy. I normally don't let her pick flowers at the park, but there were SO many I didn't think it would hurt.
She did a great job gathering a few pretty flowers for daddy.
Liam loved this little wooden car that rocks back and forth. It was funny because when another family arrived, he took one look at a little girl about his size, and then ran full speed for this car--lol!
This is one of our favorite parks. It is small, it is FENCED (key!), lots of benches, lots of flowers/gardens, adorable little paths and logs and a few sandboxes. Even a "muscial" area, which the kids always like.
"Ding, ding, ding!"
I guess I must have been giddy with how nice the weather was... I couldnt' get over how pretty all the flowers were, and I just thoroughly enjoyed being outside... something we haven't done much in the past few months with the crazy heat/humidity.
So, so pretty! Nature... I missed you!
I think the kids did too! They were SO thrilled to be outside.
"Woo hoo!"
Even Liam felt like raising the roof for the great weather!
Liam loved climbing on the rocks and logs. Sissy carried her bouquet around everywhere she went, and a few times pretended she was walking down the aisle, in preparation for Uncle Matt's wedding! :) Maybe this means she'll do it! We'll see...
Gotta love the Flintstone's car... even if Liam is riding backward (I think)!
I love all the hand carved logs and other neat artsy things at the park. Our town parks always require a little imagination. I love that!
"Look, Ma! No hands!"
Plotting his next move I think...
It was funny because the kids spent most of the time on the logs and on the rock and walking the paths and picking flowers, than they did playing on the equipment.
The other thing I love about our parks is how people often bring their old toys (like this ride on car) for the kids to play with. I'm always amazed that they don't disappear.
"Look at my bouquet, mommy!"
I love it!
Happy boy!
I'm pretty sure this big smile encompasses how we were all feeling with such beautiful weather! And these flowers just brightened my day! Daddy was SO happy to receive them, and kept asking if it was my idea. Nope, all Sissy.
This one below cracks me up! Sharing is SO hard... especially when you are two, and you truly believe in your heart of hearts that the playground car belongs to you and only you. "Myyyyyy carrrrr!" Ugh.
Anyway, one last picture before it was time to go. Silly kids!
Oh, and just for fun... here are the little guardians of our park. Gotta love it!
Elizabeth says this one is Arnold. She loves that name lately (he's a character from one of her favorite books, Magic School Bus) and she often tells me she wants me to have twins, and for me to name them Sophia and Arnold. Lol. I forgot the name of the one below.
Anyway, that was our day at the park! I can't wait for more great weather and more mornings at the parking in the coming months! I think it's safe to safe... I have fall fever over here!











