August 27, 2011

Cheeseburger in Paradise

So the other day I picked up a little cassette player/microphone toy at a consignment sale. We don't have anything that can play cassettes, but I saved a few cassettes from my childhood (The Cat and the Hat and I'm hoping I can find the Berestain Bears and The Spooky Old Tree because that was my ALL time favorite story and I listened to it over and over until I had it memorized! If anyone has one, please send me a copy!) Anyway, I digress. Unfortunately, when I got home we realized the cassette player wasn't working. Ugh. Why would someone consign a cassette player that doesn't work?! Of course, the microphone is working pretty well, and the kids have had a lot of fun playing with it. One day Elizabeth was pretending to interview me with it, asking me lots of questions, and then pointing the microphone to my mouth and I'd answer. I decided it was my turn, and I did the same thing to Liam... here was the response:
...  ...  ...

Me: "So I'm here today talking with Liam and I have some very important questions that I know everyone is dying to find out... so let's get started. Liam... what is your favorite color?" [pointing microphone at Liam's mouth]

Liam: [pausing to think, and replying w/great seriousness] "Cheeseburger."

Me: [laughing] "You heard it here first folks, Liam's favorite color is 'cheeseburger.'"
"Okay Liam, what is your favorite animal?" [pointing mic to Liam]

Liam: [pausing to think, and responding in a dead serious tone] "Cheeseburger."

Me: [laughing harder] "Okay folks, this just in... Liam's favorite animal is... 'cheeseburger.'
"Okay Liam, what is your favorite sport?"

Liam: [pausing to think, and responding ever so seriously in a quiet voice... almost a whisper] "Cheeseburger."

...    ....    ....  

Anyway, this went on for a few minutes. Elizabeth and I were cracking up. Liam was so serious each time and each time he'd pause to think, only to respond with "cheeseburger!" What a character?! Lol! Anyway, it has since become a running joke around here. He thinks he's pretty hilarious anytime we ask him something... and can you guess his reply?! None other than Cheeseburger of course!

Silly, silly boy!