August 12, 2011

1st Trip to the Dentist

Elizabeth had her first trip to the dentist the other day.
I know most baby books say children should see a pediatric dentist 6 months after their first tooth comes in... so maybe I'm a slacker mom for waiting. I just honestly didn't think before then she'd really sit still or cooperate for the dentist to look in her mouth. So we waited. I was a little nervous how she would do about this, even at almost 4. But, she did WONDERFUL! The hygenists and all the ladies in the office went on an on about how good she was doing (they really puffed her up) telling her she was the best "opener" and a great listener, and how she was one of their best patients. Even telling me they wished they were all this good.

She ended up just having a cleaning. The dentist said he didn't see anything concerning and wanted to wait to do Xays on the next visit. Since the little things they put into your mouth can kinda hurt, they wanted her first experience to be only positive!

Anyway, super proud of my big girl! And what a beautiful smile. The doc said he thought her smile favored mine. I think he might be right :)