August 12, 2011

Liam's 1st Movies

So about a month ago, we took Liam and Elizabeth to the outdoor theater to see Rio. I guess I never got around to blogging, but I wanted to be sure I added it, because it was quite the milestone in our little family, considering not only was it Liam's first official movie experience... but we were also all at the movies together at once!
Liam did a GREAT job! Just like Elizabeth's first movie experience, Liam's was just as magical. He had so many questions and was so bright eyed and full of wonder. I loved listening to his questions, I loved hearing him say over and over "Baby bird... cuuuuute!" I loved when he noticed the stars and the moon. And extra special was he sat in my lap the entire night.
 Anyway, here we are at the ticket booth. Liam wouldn't pose w/me for this pic... he had already spotted one of his favorite things...
 The race car! Lol! The best part of this age, you don't have to put any money in for them to think they are actually playing. 
 Anyway, we loaded up on popcorn and ordered a large pizza, then settled down on the lawn to enjoy before the show.
 "Don't touch my popcorn!"
 YUM!
 All in all, it was a really cute move and it was a fun night!
...   ...   ...
 Well, having done so well w/the outdoor movie... this week we decided to go to the indoor movie theater for the $1 summer movie special. We figured it would a great way to escape this heat and do something fun with the kids. This time, we saw Madagascar 2 with some of our buddies. It was a cute flick, but some of the "scary" lions bothered Liam a bit. He kept saying, "That Lion cary, mama!" or "I no like dis movie. Care me!" I kept telling him it was okay and held him throughout. I was worried we might end up with nightmares, but thankfully, there were enough funny/silly/nice parts that seemed to override the scary. And thankfully, no nightmares as of yet!
Anyway, Elizabeth loved both movies too. My favorite part of taking the kids to the movies is listening to their commentary that they blurt out constantly. And going with our friends was cute too because not only did I get to hear cute commentary from my two... but also from these guys as well! I think at one point Liam's buddy Anna blurted out "Poo Poo Potty!" when all was quiet! So funny! 
Anyway, can't wait for next summer when the kids will be even more ready and mature for some summer movies! 
Anyway, I guess that's about it. This now brings the grand total of movies I've seen in the last 4 years to a grand total of 3 I believe! Lol! But hopefully that will change now that the kids are getting bigger.
Until next time...