May 28, 2011

So Thankful

We are so thankful today...
Thankful that daddy is back from yet another business trip (this time to Paris). Thankful that we survived a week without daddy (which isn't easy!) and thankful that he had a safe journey there and back!
And also thankful that he had a good time (despite being exhausted). And that he did great on his presentation. He said everyone told him later his talk was the best since he kept it lively and threw in lots of jokes. If you've ever met a chemist, you know stand-up is not necessarily their thing. So apparently, everyone was impressed w/not just his chemistry, but his presentation as well! As always, super proud of him! 
OH, and don't ya love the shirt (below)?! I got it for him as a surprise for his trip... he was supposed to take a picture with the shirt with some sort of iconic setting in the background (i.e. standing in front of the Eiffel Tower, or in front of Big Ben, etc) so that we could give the picture to a restaurant in town that sells the shirts and displays the pics of people on vacation. This was as good as he could do...the company dinner/boat tour! Lol! Men! Oh well, I guess we'll know it was Paris. 
Anyway, we are also so, SO thankful that Vassil was able to make a day trip to see his family in London. It ended up being too expensive to change his travel plans (especially since his company was paying). So he was only able to stay a day--but it was so important to us that he could do it, even if for a short time. He had a wonderful visit. And his aunt, who is like a mom, was in town, so he got to visit with her as well. Vassil was also really impressed with the UK--said it was so much cleaner and nicer than France. I've never been to either place, but I hope the whole family can go one day.
Perhaps more than anything, we are SO happy that Elitsa is doing SO much better! Her tumors have shrunk 50% and her bone marrow tests recently came back cancer free! Woo-Hoo!!! And how great that despite the fact that her treatments will cost over a million dollars--that in the UK, they pay nothing! They have been overwhelmingly happy with their doctors, and her treatment, and how awesome that they don't have to worry about how to pay for it all. I can't imagine what it would be like here in the States.
Vassil had a great time visiting with everyone--especially Elitsa. He said she was the sweetest little thing with a pixie-like little voice. Even cuter, I'm sure, with the British accent! She sent Elizabeth one of her favorite stuffed animals--a Peppa Pig doll (have you heard of Peppa, I hadn't), and a Peppa DVD for Liam. Peppa is her favorite! Along with lots of other candies and goodies. 
Since we couldn't be there, we made Elitsa a Hallmark recordable book (similar to the ones we got for Christmas this last year). Only this one is about God's Blessings. Elizabeth and Liam "helped" by recording a word here and there, and daddy and I took turns recording our voices to each page. At the end, we recorded a little message that basically said we love her and are thinking of her, Elizabeth added, "I love you Elitsa! I hope you feel better soon!" It was precious. And apparently it was a hit! Vassil said she read it over and over--especially the last page and would just giggle and giggle after listening to Elizabeth's last message. We hope she will read it lots and think of us, and know that we are thinking and praying for her too!

At any rate, please keep her in your prayers!