We decided to go strawberry picking today. There's a little patch near where we live, so after the kiddos woke from their naps, we headed over.
This is the same patch we went to last year, which you can reminisce about HERE. Although, last year was different in that we went with our preschool co-op group. Unfortunately, our little co-op group is no more. So sad, right?! Lets see, we had two moms who went back to work full time (including the mom who helped come up w/the idea for the group), multiple moms who put their kiddos in preschool 3+ days a week, others whose kiddos started kindergarten, and others who were just busy with life. We had grown to probably 12 moms at one point. But sadly, our little group ended not much sooner than it began. Happy for my friends, but it kinda made this year rough on us w/out having much to do.
I think Elizabeth must have remembered going last year with the group. On the way to the patch she asked me: "Mom, are our friends going to meet us there?" I replied back, "No, it will just be us." To which she said (with great alarm I might add--lol), "But then we'll be LONELY!" I laughed so hard and out loud at that one. I told her, "No we won't... we have each other!" And I think that pretty much has summed up this past year. We've been a tad isolated w/everyone we know being so busy and us being so...well, not. But... we have each other! And I keep reminding myself of that. I've truly cherished my time this year with my kiddos. We've had a lot of fun, just us! I'm truly one blessed Mama!
Anyway, the weather today was perfect for picking berries. Late last night and into this morning we had some showers which brought with it cooler temps. But after naps the sky was blue and it was sunny--perfect weather. What I forgot, however, was that all that rain made for a pretty muddy patch. Fortunately, I was able to carry Liam, and Elizabeth followed me and we worked our way around the mud and puddles, and made it out to a clear row for picking.
Both kiddos seemed to have a blast picking their berries! I told Elizabeth that we needed to wait to eat the berries at home so we could wash them and also so she wouldn't get messy. I also "tried" explaining this to Liam, but every time my back was turned, I heard "Mmmmm. Good." Lol! I kept telling him we had to wait to eat the berries, to which he'd ask, "Why, Mom?" and I'd try to explain again.
Elizabeth was very serious about her berry picking. And wanted to hold both buckets after we had finished.
Probably the cutest part for me is looking back at our trip last year and seeing how much the kiddos have changed in just one short year. Liam was just a baby still--we pushed him in the umbrella stroller while Elizabeth got to pick the berries. This year BOTH kiddos got into it! Such fun! I love that we are to the stage where they both can do things and play with each other. They really do love each other and play so well these days! Seeing their relationship grow as siblings is something that just melts my heart. I hope they will always be close.
Now to decide what to do with all those strawberries! Suggestions anyone?











