Monday was day 2 of Liam's music class! Once again, it was lots of fun! The teacher is SO energetic, and has so many fun activities that follow the same basic routine/songs each week. 
Here's Liam during the "drums" and "bells" portion of class. They also have an egg-shaker portion, instrument of your choice/free-play time, and along with a VERY cute opening/closing welcome/goodbye song--where we go around and sing to each child! As you can see--Liam worked up a thirst with all that singing and dancing!
BTW...did you happen to notice the "Bam-Bam" character on his shirt?
It totally suits him these days.
For starters, verbally we are getting LOTS of cave-man babble and jibberish. If he wants something--it is usually accompanied by a point, lots of grunts and whining-jibberish, and (if you aren't fast enough) a scream and tantrum. I never give him what he wants until he makes the sign for "please" which most of the time he will do. I also ask him to say thank you--which he will say quite a bit of the time as well, only it comes out something like "DaneDoo." The doctor was actually really impressed by the number of words he knows! We are not quite to the "verbal explosion" yet, which the doctor said often comes a little later for boys. Until then... he's a total Bam-Bam!
The Bam-Bam t-shirt also suits him because (sadly) we've entered a "hitting" stage.
I know, I know... you probably don't believe me!
Especially after all the adorable footage I've been taking of him lately.
But, alas, it's true.
I'm not sure if I've blogged about it before, but the second Liam goes into tantrum mode (which is becoming more and more frequent these days), he wants to hit or pull hair of the person closest to him (usually me) along with throw himself down and stomp his feet. I always tell him "No! We Don't hit" in a stern voice, and will hold his hand until he calms down. Often, he will hang his head down when he's chastised. Still, the next time he gets mad, the hitting is his first reaction/instinct. Since Elizabeth never went through an aggressive phase, I'm not sure where it is coming from. Is it a boy thing? What I do know is I don't like it and I hope the phase passes SOON! I don't like MY child being the aggressive one :( Most of the time, his tantrums are the result of not being able to do something--so I think once he gets walking, he will be so much less frustrated! Hopefully soon!
Of course, as mentioned, most of the time, he's a sweetie-pie.
For example, his favorite part of class is "scarf time," where we sing a song about the wind and falling leaves. The kids each get to play with a sheer scarf, and the teacher comes around with a giant blue scarf to cover them up--pretending it is wind. It's a very gentle and peaceful portion of class! Liam LOVES it! Last week he kept putting the scarf over his head and then popping out--playing peek-a-boo, then scooting around to a new spot to do it all over again.
Peek-A-Boo!
Anyway, we are so happy because Liam's girlfriend is also taking the class with us ;) Savannah is in church nursery with Liam and is exactly 1 month older. She has the ABSOLUTE sweetest disposition--she never, EVER fusses or cries! As you can see by all the bells on her wrists--she been getting into this class, too! And you should see her hold her own w/some of the big girls! So cute!
Daddy met us after class. I don't know if you can see from the background, but our music class is held inside the strangest little building. It is a private "school" but they have a pizzeria in the front of their school where they serve pizza using ingredients that are organic and from local farms. All the revenue helps to support the school. It is SO adorable--and another strange, yet charming place in our little town! It also happens to be right next door to the place where Elizabeth does dance--so after class, we walked over and waited for her to be finished.
While we waited for Sissy to be done with dance, Liam got to play with buddy Adam (also from church) in the dirt. Gotta love boys!
Anyway, here's some footage from class... as you can see, Liam is definitely in a "Bam-Bam" phase! And as you can see, the drums are another favorite of his!
And you just know he is dying to try out what he's learned on his Sissy when he gets home! :/











