We decided to check out our county fair today. It was our first time, and as it turns out the 'county' fair is WAY better for little kids/families!!! The crowds were VERY minimal and there were ZERO lines. Also, 90% of the rides, Elizabeth could ACTUALLY ride!!! A totally different experience than the State Fair!!!
Here's Elizabeth and Daddy checking out the prize livestock!
And here's Elizabeth getting ready for the Tractor Pull!
My usual fearless Elizabeth did NOT want to sit on this bull... "too scary!" He was pretty big! Elizabeth and I wanted daddy to win us one of these pink princess teddy bears. But alas, it was not meant to be.
Here we are on the Super Slide... wow that was fun!
Check out Elizabeth's face! I think we might have gotten a few Gs! Very fun! The second we landed, she ran to do it again! And thankfully there were no lines, so mommy and daddy both did it with Elizabeth 2x each!Here's Daddy and Elizabeth on the Motorcycle ride! This was the first ride she wanted to try out when we arrived... she called it "the umbrella" because of the big umbrella top. Check out the smiles on these two! I don't think Vassil will admit it, but I think he enjoyed riding all the kiddie rides with Ms. E!
We rode the carousel several times! Great fun!
This was the first ride Elizabeth got to ride solo! A pretty big deal! She loved it and did great... waving to everyone standing nearby! In case you are wondering about Little Man... well, he was just a tad too little to ride any of the rides, and it was pretty hot and sunny, so he just chilled in mommy or daddy's arms, and was VERY excited watching all the bright spinning objects, and listening to the exciting Fair music! When we got home, he must have been pretty tuckered out... as you can see from this pic! But back at home, we were sure to let Liam ride his own little carousel of sorts... this little spinning bug tummy time toy! He is SUCH a good baby! And I can't wait until next year... can't you just picture big sister and little brother on that little choo-choo train?! Fun! Fun!
Anyway, we had lots of fun! And this video should prove just that!
This blog began nearly four years ago as a way to document the start of a whole new journey in my life: motherhood. Along the way, this blog proved to be a great resource for keeping family back home updated on all of our developments and happenings, and to keep the long-distant grandmas happy with lots of pictures! Little did I know that 3 years, 2 kids, and 2 "cribs" later, I would still be blogging! But I am. And I love every little bit about my blog! I'm not really sure who follows us these days. But I've decided to keep it up (as best I can) for the sake of preserving our memories. Okay, so technically both kids are out of "cribs" now--But however you look at it... these are "Our Tales from the Crib!" I hope you enjoy!
Oh give me patience, lord, when tiny hands tug at me with small demands. And give me gentle and smiling eyes; keep my lips from sharp replies. And let not fatigue, confusion, or noise, obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys. So when, years later, my house is still, no bitter memories its rooms may fill.