October 14, 2009

Big Boy!

This week Liam turned 4 months old, and this Tuesday was our 4 month well baby checkup!
Here's what we learned:

Length: 26 inches--85 %-tile
Weight: 15.3 lbs--59%-tile
Head: 17 inches--42%-tile

It is so hard to believe how fast he is growing! I love him more than words can express and am SO blessed that he is such a happy, healthy baby! He has started squealing when he's happy... and screeching (just like sissy) when he gets upset, like whenever he gets put down. He is learning to hold his toys and is getting more coordinated w/his hands. He's gaining strength during tummy time (which we don't get nearly enough of, mainly because of a very energetic big sister), and continues to roll over from tummy to back. It won't be long before he's rolling from back to tummy, as he has been getting really close these days! He has found his toes and loves to grab them, but has yet to put them in his mouth. I can't even put into words how much I love both my kiddos! I am so blessed!

I almost forgot to mention that Liam's room is (finally) finished--hey, it only took 4 months! Lol! And as a result, he is finally sleeping in his own room/crib, although still waking up 2-3x at night. As far as his decor goes, I really didn't know what to do w/his room, but wanted something that could grow with him. In other words, didn't want to make it too nursery/baby because we all know how quickly they outgrow that phase, and I wanted to find something that would at least carry me through the preschool years. Anyway, I really liked this set--it is a bear/sports theme w/stars. Aside from the fact that it seemed like it could grow with him (do boys EVER grow out of a sports theme?)... I also liked that it had stars! If you've been to my house, then you know I have kinda started a "star" theme... I have a few barn/tin stars hanging in different places, some star patio lights, some star sconces, and a few other star-themed decor. They are scattered throughout the house, so I thought this would flow nicely and continue the theme. Normally, I'm not a big "set" girl, and would MUCH prefer to be more creative than just buy a set... but alas, with a 2 year old and a newborn, there really exists zero time for creativity. So a set it was. Anyway, I think it is cute! And I'm pretty sure our big boy loves it, too!
You might recognize this diaper changing table--we scored it from K-Mart before Elizabeth was born for something like $6! CRAZY, considering they are usually close to $200. Anyway, we painted it white for Elizabeth's room; and I painted it (AGAIN) navy blue, to use in Liam's room. It's funny, when I moved it out of Elizabeth's room, I rearranged her furniture--moving her crib to a different wall, and for the longest time when I'd put Elizabeth down for a nap/to bed, she'd ask "Mommy, where'd the windows go?" She was clearly a little disoriented! Lol! But surprisingly not jealous at all that her changing table is now in little brother's room!
This pic is kinda dark, but the set came with little bear wall hangs (pictured) along with a nightlight, lamp, quilt, and all the crib bedding. The "All Star" above his crib, and the stars around/above the window I painted/embellished (that's my one creative touch to the room). Really, the only thing that the room needs is a 3rd coat of paint on the walls... surprisingly, it still needs another coat (even after my mom put a thick coat on while she was here, and I did a second). But I got tired... not to mention we had a TOTAL paint disaster one day when I spilled AN ENTIRE bucket of paint on the carpet. Yeah, I know. Who does that?! Amazingly, it all came out! But not without some quick use of towels and our carpet cleaner! Praise the lord for our carpet cleaner (and Lord forgive me for the words that came out of my mouth that day! Ha)! Anyway, after that disaster, I hesitate to get in and finish the job. It is pretty hard to tell that it even needs another coat, except in a few spots... one day I'll get to it! Anyway, here's our little MVP! Can't believe how fast he's growing up!!! What a big boy, in his big boy bedroom!!! It goes SO fast!!!