Here are a few things Elizabeth has said lately that either melt my heart or make me laugh... enjoy!
1. While on a walk in the neighborhood, I say to Elizabeth: "Please don't walk right there; lots of doggies go poo-poo there, and I don't want you to step in it." Noticing that our dog has not yet gone to the bathroom, she replies, "No mommy. I can walk here. It's okay. Bella not go poo-poo yet. Her poo-poo is still in her belly button!"
2. While flipping through the church directory, she points to the picture of the pastor and says, "That's the King of the Church."
3. To mommy in the grocery store... "I'm proud of you mommy! I'm so proud of you! Thank you for being patient."
4. To baby brother while mommy is changing a particularly messy diaper... "Liam, you need to use the potty chair like a big girl!" Never mind that she doesn't.
5. After asking her to do x,y,z... "No mommy. I don't, and I won't."
6. After asking her AGAIN to do x,y,z... "No mommy, I'm full."
7. While drinking from a big-girl cup (her new favorite thing to do), she always tells me, "I'm drinking coffee mommy. This is my coffee." None of us drink coffee... not sure where to learned that one!
8. While peering inside her sippy cup: "I see you in there, bullfrog! You better come out!" I have no clue on that one.
9. While in the midst of a tantrum while in time out... "I don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, want to see you again!!!" In case you are wondering, she's only TWO!
10. After reading "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" by Dr. Seuss, she is now fearful of dark rooms... "Mommy there's a wasket in there! There's a wasket." We have since put that book away!
11. After receiving ANY sort of praise... "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you mommy! I'm the best girl in the whooooole world!"
12. While hanging out around the house... "Mommy, I'm sad." "Why are you sad, my love?" "I'm sad because my grandparents don't come to my house." :( I know, right?!
13. After hearing mommy say she has a tummy ache... "let me kiss it mommy!"
14. While listening to the hokey pokey, the upbeat song goes: "That's what it's all about." She retorts, "That's NOT what its all about!"
15. Said to just about everything she wants: "No. That's mines. It's not yours. It's mineS"
16. Said every time she wants to do something independently, which is practically all the time "I'll do it by myself!"
17. Her favorite line these days, said to just about everything... "I'm a big girl in the world!" It's the cutest thing.
18. "I love you ______" (fill in the blank with either, Mommy, Daddy, Bella, her Eeyore stuffed animal, etc.) "You are my best friend!"
19. To daddy this morning: "No daddy. You don't put marker on your hand. You go wash it off. If you get marker on your hand WASH IT OFF! Marker goes on the paper." Never mind that he wasn't anywhere NEAR a marker.
20. "Where are we going today, mommy?" "I don't know, where do you want to go today?" "Oklahoma." "Oklahoma?! Why Oklahoma?" "I want to see the Tipis."
21. One of my new favorites (she must have learned this one at preschool): "Sit on your bottom and listen!"
22. While sitting at the kitchen table looking very serious and very deep in contemplation, she turns to me and asks, "Mommy, do you know the muffin man?"
23. On a car ride home, daddy asks mommy what's for dinner. Mommy explains that since we had a big lunch, we will probably just do cereal for dinner. Elizabeth notices that we just past the grocery store while I say this, then says, "Daddy, do you think it is possible to go to the grocery store so mommy can buy some cereal? Daddy, do you think it's possible? Is it possible, daddy?" This one cracked us up because it was the first time we'd heard her use the word "possible." So funny... at least, it is to us!
24. "Mommy, carry me! Please carry me, mommy! I'm too short!"
25. When asked what her preschool teacher Ms. Liz says at preschool, Elizabeth responds: "Ms. Liz says, 'No! Don't write on the table! No! Don't write on the wall!" When asked what her other teacher, Ms. Stasha says at preschool, her response: "No! Don't whine!"
Anyway, that's all I could think of for now! This girl really does crack me up and melt my heart with the things she says! Life is never boring around our house, that's for sure! More Elizabethisms to come...
4 days ago











