October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was a whole lot of fun this year! Mainly because I now have two adorable pumpkins to help make the holiday extra fun! I have to say, I simply love how excited Liam gets looking at new things... especially all the colorful costumes and lights on Halloween. And I especially love how excited and full of joy Elizabeth is now that she understands what Halloween is all about! I also love that I still have control over their costumes! I know that won't always be the case, especially since Elizabeth fights me more and more these days on her everyday wardrobe! Anyway, seizing on my opportunity, I decided Elizabeth just HAD to be a bumble bee this year... not only is she as busy as a bee, but at two, she definitely is the Queen Bee in our house--lol! I thought it would be quite fitting. I decided to make her tutu and wand, and embellish her wings/antenna with polka dot bows--I think it turned out really cute! I also decided early on that Liam HAD to wear the pumpkin costume his big Sissy wore on her first Halloween. I know most kids hate hand-me-downs... but I find it so endearing and special! Not to mention, there will probably be very few costumes in the future that he can "borrow" from his tutu-clad big sis.Trick or Treat
As you may have guessed, tonight we went Trick-or-Treating. Liam and I have had little colds, so we only went to a handful of houses... but daddy and Elizabeth went all the way around the neighborhood loop! Our neighborhood buddies, Katherine (the tutu clad pumpkin) and Olivia (the purple princess) came with us. They were SIMPLY adorable walking up to each door. Of course, it took about 25 minutes to walk from one door to the next, and it was EXHAUSTING, but it was also great fun!




Village Festival
The day before Halloween, the "village" near our home had their annual pumpkin festival. Since Liam and I weren't feeling well, I dropped Elizabeth and Daddy off where the two of them meet up with some of our neighbors for a little fun. When I called to come pick them up, Daddy insisted I bring Liam and come hang out for a bit! As you can see from the picture, I'm not looking or feeling my best, but I did meet them and it was a lot of fun, despite not feeling well... music, food, intricately carved pumpkins, farm animals, and of course, lots of kids in costumes! Hopefully next year I will be feeling better--it looked like a lot of fun!



When I saw this picture (above) I just died laughing. First off, notice how EVERYONE is in focus, except for my ever-in-motion daughter. She's just a blur! LOL! Secondly, notice how my ever-in-motion, blur-of-a-daughter has knocked down this big kid! Oh, my silly, active Elizabeth! See... her bumble bee costume was VERY fitting!

Pre-Halloween Bash
Before Halloween, we also had LOTS of fun celebrating with Super Why, a fierce Lion, Buzz Light Year, and Minnie!



Halloween Decorations
We also had lots fun decorating our porch and front yard for Halloween this year! We put up scarecrows by the front door. We put up corn stalks and hay by the banisters and mail box. We hung ghosts from the trees. And we, of course, had LOTS of pumpkins on display! Elizabeth really got a kick out of our decorations!

Elizabeth & Liam Scarecrows!

Here's my little boo! Thanks Aunt Brenda for the glow-in-the-dark onesie!

Sissy and brother posing on our porch! Elizabeth helped me carve the polka dots in the pumpkins... surprisingly, she did NOT like touching the gooey inside of the pumpkin. She took one feel and ran to wash her hands-lol! Also funny was I spent nearly an hour carving these polka dots with a tiny carving knife, only to learn later, I could have used a drill. Go figure! They looked really pretty all lit up, though!


Anyway, we had a really, really nice Halloween! And we hope everyone else did as well! I think the last thing to do on our list is to take in a bit of after-Halloween sales. Any suggestions on Halloween costumes for next year... ?? I guess we'll see!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!