August 26, 2009

My Latest Creation...

So my adventures in Wilton cake decorating continues! This time... sunflower cupcakes, complete with ladybug accents.
I got the idea from the book, Hello Cupcake! (which, by the way, has the absolute cutest ideas for cupcakes!!!) The centers are made from Oreo cookies (big ones and minis) and the ladybug is made from a red 'Spree' candy. The rest is icing. I decided to add my sunflower cupcakes to a terracotta pot which I painted green, and tied with a raffia ribbon. Vassil is taking my creation to his company's pot luck!
Anyway, I realized after making the cupcakes that I am starting to sense a subconscious Kansas theme! First a rainbow cake, now sunflower cupcakes. I totally didn't plan it that way... but clearly, I'm missing home!
Once again, I'm very proud of my creation! Of course, if you look really closely, you will see I still have lots to learn! But OH SO FUN!!!!