August 18, 2009

I know this is random...

but when you are a mom of a toddler, there are things you find around the house, little things, that just make you smile! I wanted to record a few!

Timeout! No body puts baby in the corner, well, that is, except Elizabeth! This is how I find lots of her toys... sitting in corners. Sometimes I hear her playing timeout. But the best is when I stumble upon her toys, who are clearly in trouble, without warning. It just makes me smile! And for some reason the little piggie below gets timeout more than any other toy! I suppose he must be particularly naughty.

Tummy time! I can't help but laugh and laugh when I walk into a room and find Elizabeth's babies lined up on a mat doing "tummy time." It just tickles me!


Tea Time! It is equally amusing to find Mickey sitting down to tea.

Likewise, finding a glowworm buckled into a carseat, or a dollie strapped into a swing... I can't help but just laugh!

Then there are the truly random things you find as a mom of a toddler... little clues to what took place while you were busy or out of the room. Like the teaset, which was set up on the toilet. Or this rolling pin found in a baby doll stroller. Your guess is as good as mine on that last one. I couldn't help but take a pic!

There are also a few remnants of my mom and sis' stay, which also make me smile. Like the "I love you" written in bathtub crayon or the "Maddie was here" on the chalkboard... neither of which I can bring myself to wash off.
Little things like these make being a mom of a toddler just SO much fun!