January 21, 2009

Ultrasound

As you can probably guess, today was our first major ultrasound with Baby #2. Check out that beautiful profile!!! As you might have also guessed, we've decided once again to wait to be surprised to find out the gender. With that said, I'm having strong feelings this time around that this one is a boy, but I guess we'll see. A little girl would be equally as sweet as a little boy!

Despite not learning the gender, we did, however, learn quite a few other neat things about our sweet baby. First of all, s/he is measuring in at 10 oz, which is exactly on point with our EDD. We also noticed that this baby seemed FAR less active than Elizabeth did via her ultrasounds, so hopefully this will be our calm child! We also learned that the placenta is anterior positioned... which is probably why I haven't felt the baby yet, as the positioning of the placenta is acting as a cushion. Finally, we learned that all of the measurements were very normal, with the exception of the baby's stomach. The ultrasound technician had to speak with the doctor about the measurements she had taken, since they were on the large side, but the doctor still felt it was in the range of normal and not to worry. They wouldn't say anything beyond that, so lets just hope that means s/he will have a big appetite, and nothing more serious! And even though I've been ordered not to worry, a quick search on google does very little to allay my concerns. So just please pray that nothing is wrong!

The second picture is of the baby's foot and 5 little toes!!! How could ANYONE doubt the existence of God after seeing such a beautiful miracle?!?! Reminds me of the scripture: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart" Jeremiah 1:5

Elizabeth also came with us to the appointment. She was fairly well behaved, even pointing to the monitor and saying "Baby!" (as though she understood--lol!) But like most toddlers, wasn't too happy about having to sit in daddy's lap for so long! Finally, daddy decided to ask if it would be okay to step out, and the mean technician lady was like, "Yeah, that would probably be a good idea!" Geez! Aside from Elizabeth and daddy getting kicked out... the experience was once again an exciting, overwhelming event for us! Our lives are about to change once again! And we are SO very, very excited!