I'm not usually one to make resolutions. Although last year I did decide that I wanted to be like both my step-sister Katrina and my grandma Bea, both of whom are extremely good at remembering to send out cards for birthdays, anniversaries, and other important days. Okay, so clearly, if you know me, I failed at that one. I'm going to try to do better this year with the card-thing, and here are some other things I'm working toward in 2009:
1. Spend more time with God... as in set aside a time each day to read/meditate over scripture and pray
2. Finish decorating the house before baby #2 gets here (yes, we have lived here for over half a year... and yes, it is still in shambles!)
3. ACTUALLY PRINT (yes PRINT) all the pictures we have of Elizabeth, so that they aren't just in digital format. Then, make albums!
4. Be less grouchy to Vassil and find more time/ways to show him how much I love/cherish him
5. Invite people over more often, and stop worrying that they might say no (or give some other excuse), and also stop worrying that their house is nicer than our house, etc.
6. Find a volunteer outlet
7. Work toward become closer with the "friends" I've made in NC; do a better job of keeping in touch with old friends
8. Sew, craft, cook, and read more often
9. Experiment with decorating cakes for different occasions... maybe even take one of those classes at Michaels
10. Go to the Outerbanks (my grandparents said it is one of the places listed in that book Things to do Before you Die--LOL!)
11. Write handwritten notes/letters to people I care about
12. Love myself more and be more content with my life as it is
5 days ago











