Yesterday, Vassil met Elizabeth and I for another OB appointment. It was the first time we got to hear the heartbeat. It was strong, and fast (although slower than Elizabeth's), and simply beautiful. "Wha-whoosh, wha-whoosh, wha-whoosh!" That beautiful sound was, I'll admit, almost a surprise this time around; in between wrangling Elizabeth and talking to the doctor, I wasn't paying much attention, and then all of a sudden, there it was! I think I stopped mid-conversation and turned to Vassil. Amid all the craziness, there was that beautiful sound!
This pregnancy is definitely going by at warp speed! And because there's so much to do with Elizabeth, the house, the chores, etc. there are times when I totally forget I'm even pregnant. And when it hits me, it's an overwhelming, exciting, albeit a tad scary feeling. Another baby! Hearing the heartbeat almost seemed to help it sink in! I praise God for all the blessings in our lives... and especially for that sound!
4 days ago











